?Similar problems with Upgrading iPhone 3Gs to OS4 with texting?

brainpa

Established Member
I recently upgraded my iPhone 3Gs OS to the new free OS4, and specifically have noticed problems now with texting.

It seems the keys are much more sensitive, the "target" area for the keys is off, and, I dunno, for lack of a better description, it just seems [way] OFF. It takes me much longer to send out a text, even with the phone tilted in landscape mode, and the spelling accuracy is also much off-base.

Has anyone else experienced this particular problem with upgrading? I'm a huge Apple fan, with (for the family) 4 iPods, One iPhone, one MacBook Pro, and an iMac. So I trust that these problems will be ironed out, but I am not, as of yet, ready to jump onto the new hardware of the iPhone4, especially given these apparent software issues.

HELP?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No problems here, 3Gs w/4gOS.

I do notice some choppiness when i try to run Google Earth and theres still 30 things running in the background.

I never noticed a change in any of the screen sensitivity or "target" touch area.

And are you saying texts used to go out faster with the phone turned sideways?

brainpa

Established Member
No I am saying the accuracy of my texts are WAY down, and the sensitivity of the texting (?keyboard) is altered since the download. Something has definitely happened.

usaf_eagle

Established Member
I noticed a difference going from iPhone 3GS ver 3.1.X to the iPhone 4 os4. I thought it was just the new phone.. But maybe it is the new software.. I'm def using the backspace more often

Users who are viewing this thread