Silverstars, worth it or not?

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Like the topic says, are they worth the cash? Id like a real set of HIDs, but $400 could be put to better use. Also, anyone have the correct part #s for our headlight and foglight bulbs?

SilverOH3SVT

Jettai Master/Texas LEO
Established Member
Originally posted by DaveSVT03
I put them on my car and couldn't be happier. Nice difference for the $37 I paid for them at Walmart. I'd do it.

Yeah, I've heard great things about those SilverStars, but I did buy a KID kit for my SVTF, and couldn't be happier. The color output on the road is noticably different, and more intense.

The bulbs you'd use is an H4, and you can find the sets on Ebay for $280+ now. I'd say go for the real HID just to be real.

But, if you'd rather go the other way for less, than go for it.

Mike-SVT

Established Member
lots of guys over at focaljet.com have put on the Silverstars and are very happy with them. My friend put them on his C4 Vette and thinks they are well worth the money and his is very critical if mods don't work.

If I ever get a job they are going on my car.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I've heard the same from guys in my car club, some of them bought HID setups, and have opted for the Silverstars on their other vehicles. These same people suggested that I save my money in this fashion. I did, but I've not driven at night since changing.

It looks as if the SilverStars are the best call, when you factor in cost. (Cough, well, like the '03 Cobra..Cough cough...)

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Any idea what the number is for the foglights, if there is one? Its an all or nothing thing for me, either i get head and foglight bulbs, or none at all.

SilverOH3SVT

Jettai Master/Texas LEO
Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
Any idea what the number is for the foglights, if there is one? Its an all or nothing thing for me, either i get head and foglight bulbs, or none at all.

Good question, I wanted a nice bulb for the foglight, the stock yellow halogen just aren't cutting it for me.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I got this from Sylvania, it appears that they don't recommend these lamps for driving lamps.

Thank you for your interest in Sylvania product. Unfortunately manufacturers have not yet released 2003 information to us yet. Please contact the parts and service department of your local Ford dealership for the driving light application. We really do not recommend using SilverStar in a driving light application. You would certainly receive the performance from the product, but because of constant use, the life output would be much less (roughly 3-6 months).

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
I think im just going to go pull a foglight and check the bulb. Hopefully ill find a match somewhere. :-D

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Yes, I pulled a fog lamp as well. Hey QS, where in VA, and let me know about your lamp life on the driving lights, I'm on the edge there.

hcracerx

Established Member
Just my 2 cents

I'm all about the Hella headlamps. They are pricey, but man do they wake up the look of the front of the car. Plus, they are quite bright as well.

Users who are viewing this thread