Silver or Anthracite FR500's...

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
Torch Red '04...

what looks better?

Silver with polished lip FR500's or the Anthracite (shadow gray) with polished lip on the torch red coupe??

ive ruled out the black with polished lip i think...dont think it will look good on a torch red.

let me hear what you think.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
black with polished lip i think that would look sweet i had a torch red gt with black billet rims and it looked sweet i am thinking about getting a set for the cobra now

MTI LS1

I would love to see a set of deep dish black bullits on the torch red. I think that it would look nasty.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
can someone with 10.5 rears please tell me how you wash your car.???

most car washes i go to barely fit my stock rims and tires...275s...im afraid if i get a 315 tire on a 10.5 rim...i wont fit in the track!!!

thats why i settled for 18x9 FR500's. in the summer i wash my own car...but in the winter...its too cold and im not gonna bother..i let the car washes wash it....dont wanna be too wide or chance scratching up my rims.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
04TRCobra said:
can someone with 10.5 rears please tell me how you wash your car.???

most car washes i go to barely fit my stock rims and tires...275s...im afraid if i get a 315 tire on a 10.5 rim...i wont fit in the track!!!

Wash your own car, then the width doesn't matter. Don't take your car through one of those drive through washes. They are not so good on the car.

On the topic of FR500's, of your two choices, I would get silver, but chrome looks simply amazing on TR.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
i DO NOT wash my own car in the winter..lol...i live on Long island...its an average of 30-40 degrees between december and feb. today for instance it was 29 degrees...you wont see me out there with a hose!! lol

I use a car wash frequently actually...but its a brushless car wash and they take VERY good care of it. I get a wash called the "matador special" includes...exterior...teflon...lexol leather cleaner...rim polish...claybar...and carnuba hand wax....shampoo carpets...etc.....costs me about 42.00 + a tip. well worth it.
dont think anything bigger than a 295 tire can fit through the tracks tho!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
04TRCobra said:
i DO NOT wash my own car in the winter..lol...i live on Long island...its an average of 30-40 degrees between december and feb. today for instance it was 29 degrees...you wont see me out there with a hose!! lol

I use a car wash frequently actually...but its a brushless car wash and they take VERY good care of it. I get a wash called the "matador special" includes...exterior...teflon...lexol leather cleaner...rim polish...claybar...and carnuba hand wax....shampoo carpets...etc.....costs me about 42.00 + a tip. well worth it.
dont think anything bigger than a 295 tire can fit through the tracks tho!

I forget that I am spoiled down here in South Florida. It was 77* yesterday.

That is a hell of a deal for $42.00. I have heard that most of the chemicals used in drive-through type car washes are rather harsh and not so good for the paint. :shrug: I could be wrong though, so don't hold me to that. You could try to find one of those places that washes the car by hand, then you could get 10.5" rims.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
yea...thats where my father goes...a purely hand wash....however...its right next to his job....its otherwise about 40 minutes from our house...by the time i get home the car will be dirty!! lol

ill see what happens...ive actually thought about it over and over and since i rarely drag race my car on the street (never at the strip)...i dont think i need 10.5's.

Im probably gonna go with the silver w/polished lip FR500's 18x9s with a 265 up front and a 285 in the rear. then im gonna lower it a little with either the steedas or eibachs...should look nice!

Snakey Face

Established Member
BigZach said:
I would love to see a set of deep dish black bullits on the torch red. I think that it would look nasty.

Hey BigZach, Dude I think those deep dish Bullits look SICK :rockon: on your car. Are those 17 or 18,s? Also, your car squats nicely. Lowering springs or oil overs?

Users who are viewing this thread