Silver mesh dash finish

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
You know what I'm talking about, kinda looks like a bright carbon fiber. Anybody got any information? I'm looking at doing a dash mod and I'd like use that finish as an inlay but I don't even know how it's done or if it can be replicated.
My nav system/radio is going away and getting replaced by a Kenwood DNN 991HD and a Maestro integration kit. The Maestro has two openings other than for the radio. On is for the top lcd screen I don't have, and the other is like a wallet holder type deal with usb connections. This is what it looks like installed -

banner1.jpg

What I would like to do is fill both openings with the silver finish and put my air lift controls in the bottom opening and in the top the lcd and controls for a 9500ci radar detector. I can do it with smoked plexi glass but I think the silver finish would look better.
Anybody done anything similar? Or got any leads on where I should be looking?
Thanks
mz

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
You know what I'm talking about, kinda looks like a bright carbon fiber. Anybody got any information? I'm looking at doing a dash mod and I'd like use that finish as an inlay but I don't even know how it's done or if it can be replicated.
My nav system/radio is going away and getting replaced by a Kenwood DNN 991HD and a Maestro integration kit. The Maestro has two openings other than for the radio. On is for the top lcd screen I don't have, and the other is like a wallet holder type deal with usb connections. This is what it looks like installed -

View attachment 14882

What I would like to do is fill both openings with the silver finish and put my air lift controls in the bottom opening and in the top the lcd and controls for a 9500ci radar detector. I can do it with smoked plexi glass but I think the silver finish would look better.
Anybody done anything similar? Or got any leads on where I should be looking?
Thanks
mz

Nice kit, check out the one that Alpine has which is the one I have on my car.

Manuel

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks, I never think of ebay. I'll take a closer look, but if it's not exact my ocd will make me wish I went with smoked plexi glass.

Nice kit, check out the one that Alpine has which is the one I have on my car.

Manuel
I did look at those, but the top part looks a little weird to me with the climate controls. I got settled on the Maestro a while ago but couldn't decide what head unit I wanted. There's going to be so much shit on this Kenwood that I wont need.. friggin facebook, twitter, texting.. wtf? I drive, I just want to hear music. I'm guessing you have an Alpine head unit, do you like it?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Thanks, I never think of ebay. I'll take a closer look, but if it's not exact my ocd will make me wish I went with smoked plexi glass.

I did look at those, but the top part looks a little weird to me with the climate controls. I got settled on the Maestro a while ago but couldn't decide what head unit I wanted. There's going to be so much shit on this Kenwood that I wont need.. friggin facebook, twitter, texting.. wtf? I drive, I just want to hear music. I'm guessing you have an Alpine head unit, do you like it?

Yes I do, I have the ine-z928hd...I will post some pictures for you tomorrow. I like it, the music streams awesome and the GPS is really user friendly...the screen is huge.

Manuel

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Pics would be nice, thanks! I like that about the Alpines, the kenwood screen looks small compared to them and the factory nav. I tried to stay oem but I just can't seem to get the factory amp to play nice with my fosgate dsp :(

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
That looks good! I used to work about a mile south of where you are on sunset ave. Dave Walters Texaco.. lots of vettes back in the day.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
That looks good! I used to work about a mile south of where you are on sunset ave. Dave Walters Texaco.. lots of vettes back in the day.

Cool, I live in the Grove. Still a lot vettes around, I have a lot of fun with them;-)

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I haven't given up yet, but here's where I am now -

20140517_192107_zpsx4qttawf.gif

I am beyond happy to have the air lift controls mounted. The way it was before was functional but not the best. The power switch for the passport is remote mounted inside my center console allowing the lcd and controls to be flush mounted.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I haven't given up yet, but here's where I am now -

20140517_192107_zpsx4qttawf.gif

I am beyond happy to have the air lift controls mounted. The way it was before was functional but not the best. The power switch for the passport is remote mounted inside my center console allowing the lcd and controls to be flush mounted.

Looks good, where is the AC?
How long have you lived there? The grove was one of my favorite places to hang out.

Going to 2 years, relocated from PR for work.

Manuel

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
The head unit does the climate control. I haven't gone through it yet but at quick glance it looked just like it did with the factory nav unit. I'm still working on bluetooth issues with the unit and my phone. That's how I do my music, I have close to 200 albums on my phone. The head unit is android so it's interesting, but it has an ass ton of functions I probably will never use. haha, all I want it to do - I start the car, bluetooth connects, music starts.. proceed to driving experience profit! The nav and climate control are secondary as I really don't use them that often. The manual is like 180 pages :poke:

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Ohh ok, looks clean. Yeah, my head unit once I get in the car it automatically connect to the bluetooth and continues to play what I had on my morning jog...mine is really user friendly.

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread