Silver coin question

United_115

Established Member
im sure silver will just go up and up in price. I would sit on them for a while and see what the market is like later down the road. Also you would probably look like a asshole cashing in his gift. I watched a show today on how they make gold coins and they mix in copper and silver to make it stronger, I don't know if they do the same thing for silver coins, but yeah id sit on them for a while.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well don't know about foreign coins but US is 100% silver
I collect mostly jefferson nickles between 1938-1959 with a lookout for 1942-45 since they are silver due to the war effort and nickel was in short supply.

Mustanger

Established Member
I have a few Silver Dollars...from 1889 to 1921...but my favorite is a certified 1 oz. Gold Coin I got when I retired...worth under $300 then but approaching $1000 now! Soon As I can net $1000 I am going to sell it & do another mod on my car!

01vert

Established Member
He may have paid up to about $22 a coin which is typical markup for thses types of coins in Retail. You can buy silver coins for about 10% over spot price at some coin shows and sell them for about 10% under spot.
For the amount you can sell them for, check ebay and get an idea.
Keep them, your kids some day will think they are the coolest things when dad digs out the box of old stuff he has laying around.

01GTvert

Established Member
Ok so my uncle sent me a wedding present... 20 silver austrian coins. I'm not real sure what to do with them.

http://accentrarecoins.com/philharmonic.html

How much is silver worth? Should i sit on these or cash in?

Your uncle is a very smart man. Spot silver closed at $18.7X today. The way things are going silver will be trading at or near $100/oz in a year or 2. You'd be a complete ****ing fool to sell those now for deflating and soon to be worthless US dollars. Same for any of you guys that have gold coins. Keep em....it's REAL money, not fake paper promises.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Keep them, You must be pretty young , because older people would keep them, without asking , but kids, teens, 25 and under are going to want to cash in!

Juruense

Banned
Yeah I do not know... Precious metals are at an all time high right now. And to be honest if it goes any higher it will probably be due to severe economic chaos so if I were you I would hope silver stays around $18 but I would still hold onto them to trade for food and water after the apocalypse...

Users who are viewing this thread