Silly Hondas, Rice is for Kids!

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
This really isn't much of a kill since it really was no contest. I just really....REALLY...hate little Rice Kids.

I'm in my shorts and my comfy slippers - not my bear paw slippers - and am finishing up grocery shopping. I'm sitting at the light of the Fred Meyer parking lot behind a really nice A6 when a riced out Accord across the way guns it out of the Target parking lot in front of us, spewing hatred from it's rabid 4 (or maybe even 6 cylinder...I don't care enough to really pay attention to these things.) Ok, no problem. I end up behind it at the light going to the freeway. Light goes green, and the car takes off. I don't think he's on the gas, but then again neither am I. I'm not following too closely - just putting along, wanting to get home before the ice cream melts.

The little prick decides to hit his brakes. I don't care how far off you are, you see brake lights and reflex is to find yours...and in a hurry. So I do, then they gun it.

You see, this is the start of them becoming snake bait.

So I sit smack dab on their tail until the 2nd lane appears in the corner. I pass them easily in 2nd going into 3rd, get up to speed, and wait for them to come up on my tail. They choose to hang back until the carpool lane opens up with some additional lanes. I'm waiting...just waiting at 60 in 4th gear. I'm not even going to shift for them - they're not worth depressing my clutch. They move into the right-hand lane and start to speed up. At least I think they did - you really couldn't tell.

Smell that? I do. Ricer fly-by attempt.

Just as they get to my rear quarter I give it some gas. Right up to 80 and then brake. I see their headlights and can make out the grille. I slow down. So do they. They take the next exit.

Like I said, not really a kill, more of a "Don't EVER do that to me again, you little morons." I wish they would've flipped me "gang signs" or something (yeah, rich little Redmond kids with ugly cars) but what can ya do? Some kids just need to learn respect.

ZX2Down

Established Member
y is it everytime any one w/ an i4 tried to pass someone or just generaly drives fast its automaticly a "ricer fly-by", an 2nnd thing i'd like to know is y is every i4 a ricer, 4bangers w/ just decals, system or kits and rims are ricers. if you speed and drive like shit your a bad drriver no matter how many cylinders it is. this is y v8 guy tend to get on my nerves, they asuse that cuz they passed a speeding i4 or v6 that they got a kill, odds are that he didnt even care or know u had a cobra.

(sorry just venting had a guy pull up to me telling me how badly his supra killed me, helo i was do ing 80 in a 65, and u blew by me, doesnt mean i was racing ot even care, and when i passed him tried to say i tried to do a fly-by).

but if he was trying to race good kill.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Ha funny story. You were there so you would know if they were trying to mess with you or not.Me I dont mess with n/a imports unless they are begging for it.They have to look at me and flex on me. I mess with any turbos wether they like it or not.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Re-read my post, ZX2. I think it's pretty clear that he was being a putz and why. The hard braking in front of me (I should have been more clear - they cut their speed by about 10, 15 mph immediately with no one in front of them) and then trying to accelerate hard immediately after.

I could find a definition of 'Ricer' on the web. I think they do a fair job at http://www.ricecop.com - I believe it's being added to Merriam Webster in the next edition.

But the determination was the Folgers can I saw sticking out of the back of his car, the mismatched ground effects kit, and the tint made by Fisher Price.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i usually dont waste my time with ricers either, unless they invade the snakes territory or snap at the snake, thats when they get snake bitten........

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
He would have been left alone if he didn't do the brake thing and then try to take off. I rarely ever play in traffic because beating someone in a race normally isn't worth a ticket.

MightyMo

Established Member
Things like that have happened to me in the past too..

I decided not to let the young ones press my buttons and not be a part of their stupid rice tricks..

No doubt my car is more of everything and why should I give them a show? I just flip em off and drive on..

If the time was right and it was something worth racing, I might consider it. Gotta ask myself something first, what will I get out of this?

Rice drivers are like the annoying mosquito that won't go away til you swat at it, then harmlessly flys away.

Give me Vette's, SS Camaro's, T/A's and Firebird cars to play with.

To me, it looks like that ricer was playing you. Pushing your buttons at will. I don't allow others to control me in that fashion.

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Honestly....I agree with hockeypuck
there's a difference between driving fast and driving recklessly to get someones attention. Seems like the guy was a real prick by suddenly hitting the brakes. I do believe there's a certain way to pass someone without initiating a race. Especially if you know that you have NO chance in hell against your opponent. Unless you just want to see the capability of your opponents car.

I'll be the first to say that I would never mess with anything more than a V6 engine cause I know my car's potential. Although I have quite a bit of horses for a NA 4cyl (205) I still wouldn't mess with a V8. Not saying that I'm afraid of V8's or higher, it's just that I wouldn't want to waste my time and then after I lose I'd be classified a "ricer" by hockeypuck_74:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread