Silliest thing wanting to race you?

BlackCobra96

Mine is a new VW Beetle turbo with custom paint and a license plate that said "BADD BUG." After passing him on the highway, he started baiting for a race. Long story short, I slowly accelerated passed him, he gunned it, and when he caught up I gave it the full throttle. I backed off when it was no longer funny. His car seemed decently quick in comparison to most of what's on the road, but it didn't have a chance. Anyone have matchups like this?

98cobra4.6

Blow me away.....
Established Member
I havent raced any one in a long time, there was a 70's nova and monte carlo in town tonight but one said he didnt have anything to prove and the other guy really thought he could stomp me but said that he didnt want to, bunch of sissy's if you ask me.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
There are bunch of guys in trucks that think they are cool around here. They are lifted and have fairly loud exhaust. They will seldom mess with me in the cobra, but every time I drive my girlfriends honda accord they are real big guys revven it and flooring it all the time... at a freakin honda :bash: .

I get 99-01 gt's trying to race me often though. They sound good, but I can't hear them anymore once they are behind me :coolman:

Black Stang 97

Established Member
ive had a 1994 honda civic Lx (non vtec) rev me up on a street... car was lowered with bling bling wheels, 6 inch exhaust and practically riding on the bump stops..... oh yeah, i forgot the double deck wing...... i just looked at him and laughed....lol.. he seemed very serious about wanting to race..lol

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You never know who's got what these days though. I had a gold 4 door family car (camry I think) with 4 teens wanna race me and I laughed at them. I finally gave in due to his persistence. I beat him pretty bad but didnt run away as I should have. The guy had turbo charged the car and it amazed me to say the least-Shane

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
A busted El Camino with a bumper falling off and so much oxidation I could punch a hole in it. It was on my back bumper the whole race. Good lord, SLEEPER.

Eddie Z

Established Member
I had a Ford Escape trying to roll race me on the way back from downtown the other night.

I was one of those that was in silly cars trying to instigate races. I had a 91 Geo Storm GSi with an Isuzu Impulse RS (DOHC turbo 1.6) engine swap. God I loved that car, and talk about a sleeper. I had that car through out highschool, and walked one of my buddies 95 GT with h-pipe and flows. I ran it at the track like two or three times, best time was 13.7@104mph with a 2.3 60ft. Not bad for a GEO.

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
i had a lil crappy saturn pull up next to me i saw gauges on his pillar. beat him all races had about 3-4 cars. talked to him at the lights he was running some stage 2 with 15 lbs.

dlt85

Established Member
a 2000 something toyota celica gt (not gts haha) with FULL body kit but stock springs and stock rims...wasn't worth the gas IMO

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Every stupid Civic with a fart can muffler seems to want some lately, I like to pace them for a bit when they go full throttle then I pound it to the floor and make them look like they're in reverse :) I'll bet a million dollars most of them at that point say "dam yo he must have nawwwwwzzzzzz" guess again ricer turds your cars are just that slow :)

Last edited:

poisonpony96

Established Member
Yeah had some stupid viper with twin turbos tryin to race me. I left him behind, though not sure if he new we were racing? Lol J/K I had a soccer mom in a mini van tryin to race me off the line to where the two lanes turned to one. when i passed her she gave me the look.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Two kids in mommy's Oldsmoble. I had started to pass them when the driver hit it and I paced him to 105mph when his speed limiter kicked in. I waved bye bye and put football fields between us.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
Originally Posted by Doug
a turbo PT cruiser.

....and it beat me

the turbo ones have the srt-4 motor..so dont feel to bad those little skitttles haul ass!!!

Users who are viewing this thread