Sigh, need some helpbigtime !!

supeg

Established Member
Well lately my Lighting has been acting really weird. I was going to take it to my tuner to look at, but I just bought a house and am renovating my old one to sell right now, so Im really broke.

Maybe you guys can help me.

First thing that happened, was I was with my friend and took him to a secluded spot to show him a smoke show, weird thing was the tired couldnt smoke, it would just sit and sort of jerk back and forth, tried it again still no smoke. That make me just a little nervous, but thought maybe the road I was on was made out of weird substance...

Fast foward to about 2 weeks later, and every time I would start my truck RPM's would jump up to about 1500, then down to 200 almost stalling then back up to normal idle where it would sit. When i reved it real high it would do the same thing, go up rpm's to where I reved it, then down to 200 or so almost stalling then back up to normal idle of 750.

Today I went out to start it and instead of going down to 200 almost stalling then going up to normal, it would just die at 200... it did it 3 more times in a row, untill it finally started.

So now I no near nothing about cars, except for what I read on here, and dont know what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, it seemed to run noticable slower the last month or two...

luv2drum1

Established Member
Could be a few things. The IAC valve on your truck could be really dirty or not working at all. Try cleaning it out with some brake cleaner to remove any build up. Also, when was the last time you changed your differential fluid? Possibly, the reason why you were not able to smoke the tires up. Other than that, I would check the plugs or replace the fuel filter. Good luck with the fix.

supeg

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks very much for the info.

I changed the fuel filter about 5k ago.

Ill try cleaning out the IAC thing tommorow, my brother knows a lot about cars ill get him to help me.

I have never (in the 15k i have had it) changed the Differental fluid, i dont know where it is.

Ill try to get a video of what I mean just to give a little more info.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Trade it off and get a 6.0 Litre diesel, them guy's at Freedom Ford like you. Get a 6.0 Littre Diesel and make it a 11 sec truck. we will all be happy then.

Users who are viewing this thread