Side view mirrors - Keep stock or go MMD

RAP66

Established Member
I'm gearing up to have my car painted soon, so I am taking care of all the little work I have been saving up over the years. One item is the PS side mirror. Years ago someone opened their door and hit the mirror, and it was visibly crooked. When I tried to move it back in place the entire cover broke free. Most of the OEM body parts have been discontinued and no longer available, but I got luck and MAX (now retired) was able to located a new one for me. Long story short I installed the mirror which looks very odd since it is fresh (and unpainted) when compared to the driver side. Two things. I'm thinking of pulling all of the trim possible when I bring he car to the painter, this include disassembling the stock mirrors. Another possibility is I pull the stock mirrors and put them away and install the set that is available from American muscle

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-painted-mirrors-9904.html

any thoughts on this?? Does anyone have these on their Terminator?

I've been looking for other pictures but so far I've only seen the American muscle car with them on.

Thanks

Rich

RAP66

Established Member
They look nice but the shape seems a little off for the new edge.
Did you read you have to transfer over your mirror motors?

Yep I have that one bookmarked and its not that easy to really break them down for painting. My real concern is having the mirrors broken again, especially since you cannot find N.O.S (new old stock) any more.

-Rich

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Rich - Sorry we don't have any pictures up just yet but if you have them purchased and they're not something that you're about I'll cover the shipping back for a full refund. Drop me a line if anything.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread