Side skirt (rocker molding) clips / retainers

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
go to a local body shop and show them what you need. They will have all of it in their bins and can probably hook you up way cheaper than the dealer, I bet some of the shops will even give them to you.

oh damn, you posted on an old thread.

Last edited:

big dad

Established Member
Those can be reused, just remove them and put them back on the panel. Why spend money and time worrying about this when you don't have too?

I've had both sides off on my Cobra and have done this twice.

M4_ELITE

Established Member
Those can be reused, just remove them and put them back on the panel. Why spend money and time worrying about this when you don't have too?

I've had both sides off on my Cobra and have done this twice.

The thing is my pinch weld is so messed up, I'm going to have to cut a few of those out as there is no way to pull them out, metal is so mangled.

Since you had them off and you are here let me ask ya. After removing the 5 xmas tree bottoms and I beleive 2 screws in the wheel well area and the "mustang" kick plate. Do you just pull the side skirts away from the car? Any damage to those 5 rectangular fasteners from your experience? Thanks!

big dad

Established Member
The thing is my pinch weld is so messed up, I'm going to have to cut a few of those out as there is no way to pull them out, metal is so mangled.

Since you had them off and you are here let me ask ya. After removing the 5 xmas tree bottoms and I beleive 2 screws in the wheel well area and the "mustang" kick plate. Do you just pull the side skirts away from the car? Any damage to those 5 rectangular fasteners from your experience?

The push pins can be a bitch, there's actually an additional two under the front part of the panel and are vertical versus horizontal on the pinch weld, I had to cut some of mine with a pair of dykes and had some to replace them.

After you've removed all of the push pins and the sill panel you should be able to pop the panel off by gently prying from the backside. The rectangular fasteners that you see in the photo can be removed with either a panel pry tool or a pair of dykes, just don't get to aggressive with the dykes.

Users who are viewing this thread