SIDE SCOOPS

cobra 829

Established Member
IS ANYONE SIDE SCOOPS LOOSE THE DEALER TELLS ME THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT ALL THE CARS ON LOTS ARE TIGHT. MY 2001 GT WHERNT LOOSE. LET ME KNOW IF IM THE ONLY ONE.ITS RUBBING THE PAINT OFF.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Side scoops are tight. I am actually looking into ditiching the scoops altogether.

skstang

Established Member
OX03, are you going to be the guiney(spelling?) pig on the scoops removal. I really want to see how that looks on our 03's. I personally do not like the side scoops but the cost to remove them may be a little large.

Anyone notice rock chips on them?

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I would like the scoops much better if they were functional, and actually part of the body instead of lil snapins, hmmmm how much would it cost to have them perm attached and functional, with a new paint job lol, damn ford paint. Mine are pretty snug, I bet you could get some automotive 3m tape Cobra829 snap them off and apply to the edge of the scoop, and reattach. The scoops just pop off.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Mine are (were) snug till I hit a deer. You can see what the car looks like without the driver's side one on my website under after you click on Pictures, and then Cobra. It's not much of a hastle to make then functional if you cut into the rear wheel well, so that you get some air in the rear breaks. Maybe it will remove some of that brake dust, too. Then, you can take that little black platic part of the scoop out, or cut into it, so that air can travel through to the wheel well after you reinstall it. I've seen some replacement scoops with holes in them as well, but I can't remember where.

Users who are viewing this thread