side scoops installed

huggytree

Established Member
100_5298_zps8e4ecee6.jpg

100_5300_zps102e5be9.jpg

just got my side scoops painted/installed today.....decided to go all out and buy the factory ford ones for $225 and paid $300 for the paint/install

they fit 100% perfect...just like the GT/CS ones do..for me they make the car....a Shelby needs side scoops...

were they ever real/functional???? 1968-1970???

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Yes they directed air to the brakes for track cars not sure in the 68-70 range but that was where they came from.

Last edited:

VaporDude

Established Member
I have mine at the body shop waiting to get painted. I did the same as you and went to the Ford dealer to buy mine. I think I paid $185 for both of mine.

ponygirl06

Established Member
Looks great Huggy. My husband and I think side scoops should be on a Shelby too. I had the dealer order them when they ordered my car. They should be installed before I take delivery.

huggytree

Established Member
I have mine at the body shop waiting to get painted. I did the same as you and went to the Ford dealer to buy mine. I think I paid $185 for both of mine.

how much to paint/install?

they look awesome from the front view...the further you go to the side the more they look slapped on (which they are)

the darker color hides the slapped on look some....the local dealer has a white GT/CS and the side view doesnt look so good.

i wasnt sure if id be happy with the decision(had 2nd thoughts)....but im very happy

VaporDude

Established Member
how much to paint/install?

they look awesome from the front view...the further you go to the side the more they look slapped on (which they are)

the darker color hides the slapped on look some....the local dealer has a white GT/CS and the side view doesnt look so good.

i wasnt sure if id be happy with the decision(had 2nd thoughts)....but im very happy

I'm going to install them myself. Not sure how much the paint will be. I have a couple of other parts there to be painted at the same time. It is nice to have a body shop guy in the family.

You need to bring that car to Shelbyfest in Hermann MO.

Last edited:

huggytree

Established Member
Will they get sucked off at high speed?

lucky the convertible has a limiter on the mph.....maybe at 202 mph it would fly off.

i pulled on it a bit...its on there very solid...amazing double sided tape could be so strong

i doubt i ever go over 120 mph.....so it should be fine

VaporDude

Established Member
lucky the convertible has a limiter on the mph.....maybe at 202 mph it would fly off.

i pulled on it a bit...its on there very solid...amazing double sided tape could be so strong

i doubt i ever go over 120 mph.....so it should be fine

I said I wouldn't go over 110. 150 sure felt good. :rockon:

TORQJNKY

Looks good OP. I had a set of side scoops for about 4 months. I kept putting them on (just tape in the corners), looking at them and taking them off. Just couldn't get myself to love them, so I sold them. They just don't blend in on the side of the car good enough for my taste.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I have been debating the rear side window scoops,some say the make wind noise going down the road.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Looks nice Huggy! :beer:

The 03 Cobra side scoops were attached the same way and didn't come off at 165mph.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I've had mine to 160+, didn't come off. The side scoops added a little bit of noise. The rear window scoops added a lot of noise.

Users who are viewing this thread