Side scoop mods??

MVD

Established Member
Anyone get rid of or modify the stock side scoops? I hate them, all they do is collect bugs and stone chips. Does anyone sell a lower profile one (that would be easier than deleting them)?

Thanks

Last edited:

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Your sig doesn't say which car you have...I assume it's a Mustang.
Take a look at other models, Bullitt, Cobra, GT, special editions. Some of the scoops are different from the others. Maybe you could find something you like and still get them from Ford parts. Or check out the vendors in the Mustang mags that sell body kits-other variations are probably out there. I've even seen some guys that just remove them, looks pretty clean.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
The Bullitt scoops are easier than deleting them, plus they are cheaper....

P1010299.jpg

MVD

Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
Your sig doesn't say which car you have...I assume it's a Mustang.

I posted in the Terminator forum for a reason;-) :p

Thanks 67scstang those look great. Do you have a pic from the front?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
MVD said:
I posted in the Terminator forum for a reason;-) :p

That's cool, but not everyone that posts in the Term forum runs a Term. You'd be surprised how many others lurk around here, EVOs, STi's, Z28s, Z06's. You know the type...LOL Nothing against them, just more friendly competition.

When you get your new scoops, post some pics for us.:beer:

YoungJim

Established Member
snkepit said:
what are they for anyway?

IIRC some of the Shelbys - the original ones - had functional scoops, but since then they've all been decorative.

JymBart

Established Member
YoungJim said:
IIRC some of the Shelbys - the original ones - had functional scoops, but since then they've all been decorative.

My `94 Cobra`s rear side scoops are functional, . air flows through them into the rear wheel wells, . On my `03 Cobra they are just for looks.

JymBart

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I had a 95 which was also functional (of sorts), but I believe they dropped it in 96 (but not 100% sure when it was closed up, however I do know for sure that in 98 it was just for looks).

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
I replaced the stock Cobra scoops with the 35th Anniversary ones. Simple replacements. Uses the stock CLIPS .. SALEEN ya gotta drill bolt holes from what I was told

JymBart

Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
I replaced the stock Cobra scoops with the 35th Anniversary ones. Simple replacements. Uses the stock CLIPS .. SALEEN ya gotta drill bolt holes from what I was told

How `bout a photo.

JymBart

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
SnakeBit said:
I had a 95 which was also functional (of sorts), but I believe they dropped it in 96 (but not 100% sure when it was closed up, however I do know for sure that in 98 it was just for looks).

The first run of cars in 96 still carried the functional side scoops, but they had a block off plate in them held in place by 2 plastic rivets.

The second run of cars in 96 and all to current (to the best of my knowledge) have been ornamental only.

Rod

Users who are viewing this thread