Side of the new Mustang

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
Does anyone else have a problem with the side of the new car? It is plain and has no C-Scoops. Then last night I saw an Explorer. Its the same side.

Ford-Explorer-Sport-red.jpg

2015-ford-mustang-3.jpg

:poke:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
if you cant live without fake scoops and crap hanging of your car i am sure that after market will be flooded of rice crap like that. as far as looking the same as the explorer. i dont see it.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
if you cant live without fake scoops and crap hanging of your car i am sure that after market will be flooded of rice crap like that. as far as looking the same as the explorer. i dont see it.
C-scoops have been part of the Mustang since day one. They don't have to be big fake scoops to style the side of the car, the 2010-13 cars are great example. Obviously Ford decided not to style the side of the car.

ford20

Established Member
C-scoops have been part of the Mustang since day one. They don't have to be big fake scoops to style the side of the car, the 2010-13 cars are great example. Obviously Ford decided not to style the side of the car.

I don't recall the fox bodies having c scoops

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
From the side it definitely looks like the Explorer/Edge/Flex. Look man I'm a Mustang fan have been for 30 years but it crack me up for people to compare this to an exotic car or say shit like it looks like Aston Martin or M6 lol no it doesn't and it never will. I honestly think Ford catered this car to overseas buyers, women and the causal fan not someone who's a die hard Mustang purist.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
From the side it definitely looks like the Explorer/Edge/Flex. Look man I'm a Mustang fan have been for 30 years but it crack me up for people to compare this to an exotic car or say shit like it looks like Aston Martin or M6 lol no it doesn't and it never will. I honestly think Ford catered this car to overseas buyers, women and the causal fan not someone who's a die hard Mustang purist.

But, but, it has 4 wheels, doors, and headlights. Can't tell the difference between a Mustang and Ram 1500!

Yes, there's similarities to other models, specifically Fords. However, they're design cues the company is using to make it marketable to various demographics. It seems to be working. I believe Fusion, Taurus, Explorer, and Escape are doing well?

cobraless

Established Member
Wow, it does look a lot like that 2 door Accord. That being said, I don't think that Accord looks bad and the new 2015 Stang looks good IMO as well.

Gravik

Established Member
03/04 Cobra owners be mad that the new Mustang is going to decrease the value of the Cobra.

skratpiece

Established Member
I like the new mustang, but I'm not entirely sold. I liked a few of the renderings a lot better. The good part is that the new mustang has a lot of parts that are interchangable with the latest Taurus. (Just Kidding) but that is the car that it resembles the most. I also think it looks like a 6 series bmw from the side too. Either way, they've gone retro for the past 10 years, it was time to bring the design forward. I still think the design is a slight miss, but they'll keep advertising it as a success. It definitely needs a spoiler, and to be lowered in the front.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Better motor, better IRS, more features, brand new. Face it, your 03/04 Cobra's are not the top of the Ford food chain anymore.

They havent been top of the food chain since 07. Then the GT took over in 2011.

I personally like it, and will be getting one. Need to see different colors.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I don't recall the fox bodies having c scoops

That's because foxes were ass ugly. Foxes were the epitome of bland cardboard box design. You absolutely cannot mention Foxes when talking about good looking car designs. That doesn't mean I'm saying that Foxes can't be made to look sexy, or badass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread