Side exhaust..

ObieFox

Established Member
Anyone done a side exhaust yet? Did it fit alright? Numbers? Anyone make a rear bumper piece to replace the one with the exhaust cutouts in it?

Take care,
Kevin

Rwick7

Established Member
www.karkraft.com makes pieces to fill a 99-02 rear bumper...not sure about an 03... I think all side exhaust looks ghetto, it usually shows less gains on the dyno as well. But anyway about that CAI shootout... :)

cook01vert

Established Member
I don't see why you couldn't use any side exit exhaust out on the market. Like CDC or Roush. The rockers er the same as any other 99-03 Mustang, aren't they? Then you could mount up a 01 Cobra bumper cover or use a aftermarket cover like a Cervinis Stalker or a Saleen.

Matt.

ObieFox

Established Member
ghetto

"ghetto" may be a little strong....the 2000R looks pretty good with side exhaust IMO. On the rear bumper issue, it would be cool to only replace the lower back rubber piece with the cutouts, not the whole rear cover. Just curious what everyone thinks :)

KO

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
I personally think side exit exhaust is awesome...

I mean like Obie said... look at the 00R. Or the Lightnings.

The new 03 Viper comes with side exhaust too.

I'm with ya Obie.... side exit exhaust = :thumbsup:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by cook01vert
I don't see why you couldn't use any side exit exhaust out on the market. Like CDC or Roush. The rockers er the same as any other 99-03 Mustang, aren't they? Then you could mount up a 01 Cobra bumper cover or use a aftermarket cover like a Cervinis Stalker or a Saleen.

Matt.

Nope our rockers are different. With most side exit those get replaced anyway. The big deal if finding rear valence that will cover up our exaust holes. I have made a few calls, a friend of mine tells me he would be alble to mold a copy of that rear plastic insert to not inlcude the cutouts for the exhaust. Do that and get a side exit roush kit. MMMMMM i think that would look sick.. Only problem is youll see hp loss.

Last edited:

cook01vert

Established Member
Brad, I know the '03 Cobra has different rocker moldings, I was refering to the ACTUAL rockers, IE the body of the car. That's all.

Matt.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by cook01vert
Brad, I know the '03 Cobra has different rocker moldings, I was refering to the ACTUAL rockers, IE the body of the car. That's all.

Matt.

Oh I thought you were talking about the side skirts.. In that case I have no idea:shrug: :-D

Brad

Banned
I would like to do side exit, but I can't deal with the loss. loss of 5 HP or gain of 20??? HUMMMM.. I think it looks damn cool though.

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I would like to do side exit, but I can't deal with the loss. loss of 5 HP or gain of 20??? HUMMMM.. I think it looks damn cool though.

Don't know what your talking about. Didn't lose any hp here.

ObieFox

Established Member
brad, where are you coming up with the "loss of 5 hp" comment for side exhaust. I have to admit I never really paid much attention to side exhaust kit performance tests in the past.

KO

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by ObieFox
brad, where are you coming up with the "loss of 5 hp" comment for side exhaust. I have to admit I never really paid much attention to side exhaust kit performance tests in the past.

KO
Most aftermarket side exhausts have to bend back toward the front of the car (after the mufflers) to make a side exit. That redirection of exhaust costs ponies...

Users who are viewing this thread