Side exhaust pictures request

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Hey guys I'm in the process of re-doing my exhaust and throwing around a variety of ideas. My 97 is turbo'd and right now I just have a 4" DP into a muffler that is dumped before the rear axle, it is driving me crazy (how loud it is at all times) and have thrown around the idea of side exhaust.

With that being said if I did it the exhaust would only come out one side of the car due to the fact my fuel system runs very close to the side skirt on the passenger side. There for I'm not really interested in swapping side skirts for something like a SVO or Roush type set-up.

SO, is there anybody that has or has pictures of side exhaust setups that utilize the stock side skirts? Has anybody cut the stock side skirts to accommodate an oval or rectangular shaped exhaust (I'd really like to see this)? Boom tube nascar style exhaust anybody? I'm open to ideas, I just want to see whats out there and get rid of this current dumped setup.

Thanks in advance.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Well, I finally found a shop that is willing to make the side exhaust. We worked out a game plan and I plan on dropping the car off next weekend and picking it up the following. I will post a new thread with the results when I get the car back to give other owners some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread