Sick of T-45, want 6 speed

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Well I've had my t-45 rebuilt like 3 or 4 times now and it's really getting bad, grinds like 75% of the time going into 4th. So I know it's not driver error. How hard is it to miss 4th? Anyways, I'm looking at getting a Viper Spec. T-56 for my Baby, question is, is it worth the $4500 installled? The people I talked to said it includes everything I need. So does this sound right? Oh and what gears would go good with it, no track use just street, I'm not big into the drag racing thing.

Last edited:

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
I'm not sure where they are getting it but they told me the Viper spec. one they get is rated for like 650 ft-lbs of torque. Just don't know where else I can get the trans and everything else done in my area.

Erick

Established Member
I was just talking with Modular Powerhouse about doing a '03 spec T-56. They reccomended a cryo-treated T-45 for only $900. They told me that it would be considerably stronger than the '03 spec T-56 and much lighter. Just a thought.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
4.56's in the rear with a t-56. Who's been rebuilding your trans and how hard do you drive it? It shouldnt be breaking if the trans was rebuilt correctly and you dont beat the piss out of it every 2 seconds. JMHO.

out99sider

Established Member
mine is on the way from rpmtransmissions. there will be a thread documenting it!

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Erick said:
I was just talking with Modular Powerhouse about doing a '03 spec T-56. They reccomended a cryo-treated T-45 for only $900. They told me that it would be considerably stronger than the '03 spec T-56 and much lighter. Just a thought.

Damn where can you get a cryo-treated T-45 for $900?

fastjuan

SVT
Established Member
The transmission i orderd from rpm is rated for 900hp. But i did get the upgraded input, output and viper gears, including the polish and cryo. Still came out cheaper then the d and d unit.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Not sure the name of the place, I drive it very hard all the time. I guess I abuse it. I've heard the T-56 is a very strong piece esp. the Viper spec. unit. That's why I was thinking of going with that. What is the highway speed like with the 4.56 and the Viper spec. Does anyone know?

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
fastjuan said:
The transmission i orderd from rpm is rated for 900hp. But i did get the upgraded input, output and viper gears, including the polish and cryo. Still came out cheaper then the d and d unit.

got a link to their website? my t-45 is on its way out

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
Erick said:

SORRY, but the T-56 Vip. is WAYYYY better than the "45" and I'm ri=unnin' on a "45-tranny!"

HeavyRightFoot

STRAIT TO THE TOP
Established Member
Im looking to do a swap too. I have less than 2000mi on my D&D T45 and its already showing signs of failure. :mj:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
That's the reason I didn't have my T45 rebuilt when it went. I've read about so many people who had the T45 rebuilt only to have it crap out on them a short time later.

Save yourselves a headache and upgrade when your T45 goes.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
im rebuilding my t-45 with the complete hanlon kit. My GF's dad is a tech at ford, and his buddy is going to rebuild it for me for 150 bucks. Not bad Eh?

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
how much does the hanlon kit run? ive been interested in that kit since i saw the article in MM&FF. im also curious how in depth it is to put the kit in...
and oh yeah, 150 is certainly not bad!!

Last edited:

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Still does anyone have a T56 and what kind of gears do you run in the rear for a decent streeet car?

torchred2000gt

Established Member
With 4.56's and a .5 6th gear, you'll be running just a hair under 2100 rpms on the highway. I'd say that's pretty damn good, about the same as stock.
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread