Sicario

D1SC_GT

Banned
How many of you have seen this movie?

I was born and raised in El Paso. This is what we have to live with, separated by a dry river and a flimsy wall. The movie did a good job in depicting the brutality of the drug trade and the cartels here. The bodies hanging from the bridge are a regular occurrence in Juarez. Although things have calmed down a lot in recent years, there is a reason why Juarez was named the most violent city on earth.

The movie is damn good and extremely accurate.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Im quite interested in this movie. Emily Blunt gives me a chubby and Benecio Del T is a badass when he wants to be.

Is this based on a "true" story or anything like that or just a depiction of regular occurring events around Juarez?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Was OK. We saw it two weekends ago.

I thought the ending was pretty meh, really good buildup but it just trails off.

Benicio's character lived up to expectations though.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Having lived in El Paso for 2 and half years now, I thought it was funny. Juarez is not quite as bad anymore as they depict. It was at one point though according to the many locals Ive talked to. Overall, I liked the movie a lot. It was packed with action and had a great plot. The ending was weaker than expected, but Id definitely pay to watch the movie.

D1SC_GT

Banned
Having lived in El Paso for 2 and half years now, I thought it was funny. Juarez is not quite as bad anymore as they depict. It was at one point though according to the many locals Ive talked to. Overall, I liked the movie a lot. It was packed with action and had a great plot. The ending was weaker than expected, but Id definitely pay to watch the movie.

Yeah,, Juarez isnt that bad....except when federal police get into a shootout and bullets fly over the river and into our city. You were obviously a noob here. It has certainly gotten better....but there's a reason why Juarez was named the most deadly city

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I guess my idea of "bad" and your idea are way different then. I guess thats what the Army does to your mind set.

Users who are viewing this thread