Shutter Island

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
what does everyone think of the new Scorsese film? I just got back from watching it and i thought it was a great movie. Leaves the audience questioning things during the movie and a great ending. I think the ending made up for the slow start of the movie but a slow start is expected for a movie based on a novel.

Discuss.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I just finished watching it. Very good movie. Definitely wasn't expecting what happened in it.

Mayo5

Established Member
Hope it close to the book. It was amazing.

I do like the Decap/Scorc team.

Seems like pretty good reviews so far. I did read that he didn't use the typical high strung music in tense situations. I love that. It ruins the natural suspense.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Hope it close to the book. It was amazing.

I do like the Decap/Scorc team.

Seems like pretty good reviews so far. I did read that he didn't use the typical high strung music in tense situations. I love that. It ruins the natural suspense.

The Bromance?, heard they were teaming together for the Frank Sinatra movie too. Im not saying theyre bad just seems those two are inseperable

Anyways seems like a cool movie, would like to see it

Mayo5

Established Member
The Bromance?, heard they were teaming together for the Frank Sinatra movie too. Im not saying theyre bad just seems those two are inseperable

Anyways seems like a cool movie, would like to see it

ahaha yeah it does seem that way.

Except for Blood Diamond, I'm a big fan of Leonardo's acting stuff. I think him and Casey Afleck, and Daniel Day Lewis are my favorites.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I should've watched it instead of The Wolfman. Del Toro was good, and Hopkins was amazing as usual, but the movie as a whole was a let down. I'll definitely check out Shutter Island soon.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Saw it tonight, very good movie. I saw what was coming but they threw in a few little things I thought were awesome. Don't want to give anything away though.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
The movie was awesome. I can't wait for Leos next movie, Inception, which is going to be directed by Christopher Nolan. The same director for Memento, which was amazing.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My girlfriend has been wanting to see it. I've taken her rights to choose movies away temporarily [she chose The Lovely Bones last time]. I'll probably catch it next week.

Mayo5

Established Member
The movie was awesome. I can't wait for Leos next movie, Inception, which is going to be directed by Christopher Nolan. The same director for Memento, which was amazing.

Inception is going to be great. It really reminds me of a fancier and updated twist on Dark City and City of the Lost Children

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw it last night. It was good, but I read the book a couple of months ago and I think it kind of spoiled it, so I probably should have waited to just watch the movie. Fairly true to the book, cut out a few things, and I think they threw a subtle line in at the end that actually manages to change the dynamic of the whole ending.:shrug:

Edit - just looked at the book, they definitely changed the ending. Very subtle in how they did it, though.

Last edited:

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
I saw the movie last night and totally didn't expect what happens! The ending definitely leaves you wondering!

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i cant wait to go see it. they filmed part of it on peddocks island which is an island my town owns. we were watching them as they filmed it. they filmed it at fort andrews which is on the island. i went out there last summer and its pretty sweet (old abandon forts usually are)

Users who are viewing this thread