Shut off while driving now it won’t start.

Mtcrss546

Established Member
First off my car and mods.
1999 cobra convertible 5 speed 118,000 miles
Mgw short throw, sct x4 canned tunes, Mac long tubes, pro chamber, egr delete, eibach springs and cai

So now onto the Story... I Installed Mac long tube headers with ford oem gaskets and new studs/ nuts. I welded up the egr pipe on the header before install. Then installed a egr delete plate and plugged all open vacuum lines. Used sct x4 to turn off egr system and shut off rear o2 sensors. Lengthened the front o2 sensors. Let run for about 30 mins while checking for any exhaust leaks and all was good....
Took on test drive and made it 4 miles from house when the engine just shut off while driving. No rough running. Just like I shut the key off but all gauges and radio still on. No codes were logged. Towed back to my house hooked up matco Maximus 2.0 scanner the next day. Found no codes,good fuel pressure, power going to all coils. Tried performing relative compression check on scanner and would not work due to to much fluctuation in rpm. Checked cranking rpm and is at 130 rpm. Tested compression with manual gauge
Here are the compression results with a cold engine.

1-80psi , 2-80psi , 3-55psi , 4-60psi , 5- 60psi , 6-60psi , 7-45psi, 8 60psi

Any help would be greatly appreciated on next steps I need to take to determine what is going on. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread