Shredded procharger belt

basspro302

Established Member
Any one ever had an issue with belts on a procharger? I have a p1sd on a 4.25 pulley it decided to shred the side of the belt like string cheese. I haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet. It happend on decel from about 4Krpms so maybe it's a bov issue?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is this a recently installed kit or what? I shredded belt is just about always an alignment issue. The belt is walking around because something isnt aligned just right

basspro302

Established Member
Well it's been on for a year i drive it every day. I literally changed my oil and procharger oil and it happend right after on the way home about 2 miles. I remember looking at the belt as I was putting the oil back in and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Oil drained out of head unit and blower locked up j/k

I had an issue with the top side of my belt hitting the bottom of the tensioner body. I moved the idler pulley one notch down to fix the issue.

basspro302

Established Member
Well I got a new belt on didn't find any issues. It looks like the old belt hoped off the side and got cut by the pulley edge. It cut about 2ribs off the belt. I checked the tensioner, idler, crank pulley, procharger for play and the entire bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread