Showdown between 02 GT and 02 WS6

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
nice vid and smackdown....will there be another rematch??

Its always good to see close good racing.

NoPony

Established Member
There will most likely be another showdown. He is getting some more tuning done and I will hopefully have a dyno tune for a race mix by then :D. His time on the first run was 12.7 to my 12.5. The second run he had 12.6 to my 12.4. He did run someone else between these runs though and got a 12.45 which is better than my best ET yet. We are always close when we run, so everyone likes to watch.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
hell yeah. thats something i dont see very often. on that first one, you owned your friend.

NBMss346

Established Member
Good kill, and I'm not doubting your story. But with H/C, headers, air lid and cutouts, and he's just putting down a 12.7? If I were him, I'd either have someone's ass for not getting the right parts, or I'd have to learn to drive. Either way, good kill!

NoPony

Established Member
Well, his best time for the night was a 12.4. He has a stall also. It's not that he can't drive, he is having some issues with his tune. He is getting mail order tunes for LS1 edit from the guy that designed his cam. I think the next step he will take is getting a dyno tune. I think he is running rich myself. Of course, there is always the possibility of getting the wrong cam for your setup :( . I dont think that is the case. He said he got the one everyone else got and it is supposed to make some big numbers, but I do not know alot about cams, especially for GM poducts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread