Show or Go

bolt01

Established Member
I've had my lightning for 10 years now and is completely stock. Truck has been paid off for several years now and have been thinking of maybe giving her a make over ;-). Not sure whether to go either the SHOW route (rims, exaust, roll pan, expedition console, etc. or the GO route ( built short block, high performance heads, 2.6 kb or 3.4 whipple, etc). I guess i'm just looking for some advise from you guys.

tistan

Established Member
I would do a little of both. Since it is a stock lightning, a 4 or 6# pulley, cold air, exhaust, and tune will make a huge difference in sound and performance over stock. Then I would do some nice wheels and suspension and then work on the interior. The only reason I would not go built is because a lot of times it seems like it ends up being a headache in the long run. If I really wanted a fast lightning and I was going to spend the kind of money it takes to do built block, ported heads, cams, twin screw, and all the supporting mods, I would just buy another vehicle that was already completed and sorted out.

Dark_5.0

Established Member
My truck was bone stock up until last month. I did a little show and a little go. I installed the LMR black interior, 2 1/2-1 1/2 drop, LFP traction bars, safetly loop, LFP shift kit and tranny pan, LFP torque converter, LFP 6# power package, DP heat exchanger, chiller core etc...

The extra power will be nice but the tranny mods and suspension really made the truck much more fun to drive and feel more sporty.

Users who are viewing this thread