shouldn't I be showing more boost?

Grimster

Established Member
Just got the car dyno tuned on Saturday and it put down 434/451 on a mustang dyno. 2.76 BF pulley with all 4 BF idlers. I was able to reuse the factory belt since it was the correct size. I just bought a new gates belt that I haven't installed yet....will probably do that this evening.

Shouldn't the boost gauge be "pegged" further than it is with the 2.76? There was some belt dust on the pulleys when I got home from the tuner, not sure what "alot" versus "a little" belt dust is though. I'll change my signature here in a second to show all my mods...

Stock Boost
[youtube_browser]Z_FNBxnDwBc[/youtube_browser]

2.76 pulley with idlers
[youtube_browser]86VCI0o1hb0[/youtube_browser]

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock boost gauge will only go so far. There is a limiter on the backside which needs to be trimmed off.

Othic

Established Member
I have the same setup. My needle goes passed 10. Ive got around 12-13. Im using no overlay. I would change the belt. I got a new stock belt when I did my pulley swap.

EDIT: Wow didnt even see the second video lol. Mine is right where yours is.

Last edited:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
something is definitely wrong with your cobra... j/k :lol: that hilton gauge overlay looks nice and stock. i just went ahead and bought the speed of sound a pillar and threw a pro comp ultra lite boost gauge and wideband in there...

IMAG0608.jpg

cobracide

Established Member
I have the same setup. My needle goes passed 10. Ive got around 12-13. Im using no overlay. I would change the belt. I got a new stock belt when I did my pulley swap.

EDIT: Wow didnt even see the second video lol. Mine is right where yours is.

Didn't see your edit so I guess you caught it. More boost!

Last edited:

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Like everyone else says, it looks right to me. I have the same pullies, and my stock guage reads the same as yours, but my Autometer reads about 15 psi at the same time.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
Stock boost gauge will only go so far. There is a limiter on the backside which needs to be trimmed off.
+1 if u havent aready done so, been a long time since i had my 2.7 but that looks about were the limiter is.

Users who are viewing this thread