Shoulda bought a 5.0 instead....

wingless5.0

Established Member
I was coming home from work today, minding my own doing the speed limit when I glance in my mirrior and notice the headlights of a 2013. I say to myself, this shall be fun. As soon as I slow it down to about 40, this guy guns it, pulls of what you call the infamous ricer fly by. So this gets me going, I turn the radio, kill the heat and pull up to this guy, door to door. And I notice its a V6, appeared to be stock and sounded stock but still, Ill play with it why not. Lets do it. I start to honk it off and he leaves on the first honk, nope, not gonna go that easy I mash the pedal to the floor and notice the 5.0s rear wants to kick out a bit, ( stupid stock 235s :nonono:) didnt matter though, as soon as I hooked I flew by him. Looked back he was about 3 cars back. So i slow it down again and see if he will play and sure enough he comes back for more :banana:. I roll my window down and he rolled his and told him on 3 and he nodded so I honked it off and everything went perfect the 5.0 screamed past the 3.7 without any wheel spin what so ever. He no longer wanted to play and noticed he turned at the next light. Fun times, even in this fun cold weather. Still have respect for the 3.7 :rockon: just cant touch the 5.0

nickf2005

Established Member
What kind of idiot thinks the 3.7 is going to hang with a GT?

nickf2005

Established Member
He must have thought the Ecoboost came out this year...

I think next time I see a Bugatti, I'll take a run at him.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That's good stuff, OP. The 3.7's are strong runners for what they are, but are definitely no match for the 5.0! Anyways, he was probably just anxious to see what a 5.0 had and you showed him...:beer:

Mike50

Established Member
A lot of guys who instigate races know they will lose. They just want to see how close they can hang, or watch someone take off and appreciate it.

Of course, some guys really ARE ignorant and have no idea that they are going to lose. It's one thing to lose to a modified car that you had no idea was modified, but you should at least some some research and get a basic understanding of what stock cars can do, especially something as common as a Mustang.

Fassssst

Established Member
A lot of guys who instigate races know they will lose. They just want to see how close they can hang, or watch someone take off and appreciate it.

Of course, some guys really ARE ignorant and have no idea that they are going to lose. It's one thing to lose to a modified car that you had no idea was modified, but you should at least some some research and get a basic understanding of what stock cars can do, especially something as common as a Mustang.

Exactly my man

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member

I did exactly that with an orange MP4-12C, holy hell do those things move out from 60mph, I lost his tail lights before I even got to the top of 3rd

Screamin363

Established Member
My 5.0 gets picked on all the time. I think the Vossen 20's say street cruiser too much. But the turbo gets busy soon enough that even with wheel spin it's over very soon. I had a V6 try his luck 3 times one day before he passed by with the "no mas" look and a friendly thumbs up.
Nothing wrong with the contenders, it's nice to put bus lengths on a car after they pick a fight with you first.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I did exactly that with an orange MP4-12C, holy hell do those things move out from 60mph, I lost his tail lights before I even got to the top of 3rd

I will admit it... I would do it just to hear the thing take off. I had a loss to an Audi R8 for the same reason a year ago... got my ass handed to me but it was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread