Should I use glaze

green99_svt

Established Member
I'm in the middle of a much needed detail on my 1999 cobra. It's electric green. I'm doing the 105 and 205 with a pc. Lake county orange pads for 105 and white for the 205. It's coming out great so far. I'm looking to finish up with Meguiars 26 wax using a black pad. Should I apply the 07 glaze also? If so which pad should I use.

glittle75

Established Member
If you are using a glaze, you need to seal as well. If your not sealing, just go straight to wax. And glaze/seal/wax can all be with the same black pad, or by hand.

RC-5.0

Established Member
The sealant is more important for your car than the glaze. The glaze is really not for the type of detailing you are doing so much as it for a "quick" shine before a show or other display. You did all that work, now you need the protection of a sealant, then top it off with a good wax.

Get some pics up!
RC

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
I'm in the middle of a much needed detail on my 1999 cobra. It's electric green. I'm doing the 105 and 205 with a pc. Lake county orange pads for 105 and white for the 205. It's coming out great so far.

Excellent...
Have you tried the Megs Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish combo?

I suggest this why?
Megs UC is much less aggressive than M105 and a LOT friendlier to work with.
Megs UP Is also friendly & finishes out IMHO a bit clearer & sharper than M205.

I'm looking to finish up with Meguiars 26 wax using a black pad. Should I apply the 07 glaze also? If so which pad should I use.

The No 26 is it liquid or paste? I actually prefer to apply wax by hand.

Glazes fill imperfections or enhance gloss or both. Glazes do not last.

No7 is a non-abrasive, pure polish. It's used for the beauty factor...the oils in No7 bring out the full richness of color in a pigmented single stage paint.

No7 is primarily beneficial to single stage paints because it will penetrate into the paint where the unique polishing oils can do their magic.
Modern clear coats (1980+) are so tight in their physical make-up that no chemicals can readily penetrate into it. Is it single stage paint?

The sealant is more important for your car than the glaze. The glaze is really not for the type of detailing you are doing so much as it for a "quick" shine before a show or other display. You did all that work, now you need the protection of a sealant, then top it off with a good wax.

Get some pics up!
RC

green99_svt, For an LSP keeping in the Megs Ultimate line I might suggest. Meguiars Ultimate Wax.
Megs UW is made in both a paste and liquid form. I prefer the liquid. The liquid does not stain trim.
Unlike some products it is the exact same product. An ingredient is added to make it a paste.
M26 High Tech Yellow Wax - it's a hybrid wax, a mix of natural and synthetic ingredients.
Ultimate Wax - 100% fully synthetic, Meguiar's newest and longest lasting sealant.
Both "waxes" are finishing waxes. No cleaning ability and no abrasives.

No. 26 adds a nice carnauba glow to dark paints, but being a carnauba product it is not the longest wax (but such is the fate of carnauba waxes).
Megs Ultimate Wax is Megs latest and greatest 100% synthetic polymer sealant. It is the longest lasting, best protecting LSP that Meguiars makes.
The appearance of UW is a bit different than M26, a bit crisper & sharper reflections, and possibly brighter as well (such is the nature of synthetics).
Apply UW to one panel at a time & remove after 3-5 minutes. Megs UW will dramatically outlast M26 or other carnaubas, & it beads water like crazy.
My suggestion would be after polishing & finishing completely clean the paint surface with an IPA mixture to remove any residue before applying LSP.
If you are using UW as your Last Step Product (LSP) then allow 12-24 hours for the polymers to fully cross link and bond before applying a 2nd coat.

BTW - #26 is a favorite Megs "topper" for Ultimate Wax
Remember: Polymers 12-24 hours before a second coat.

...and yes, Let's see some pics.

green99_svt

Established Member
Thanks for the information. I'm about to start the 205 this afternoon. I figure that will take a few hours. I will deffinetly get a few pictures up when it's all done. Here is a quick teaser I took after the 105

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread