Should I upgrade the brakes??

Bowlegz

Established Member
It's about time for me to get a brake job done on the L, and I was just thinking about if going to slotted rotors and the better pads are really worth it at the present time. After all don't our trucks have the bigger brakes stock? It's not like I've got a 6000 lb. 700hp truck that I'm trying to stop, and my long term goal is "only" about 500hp at the ground. So what should I do guys? :shrug:

SADF

Established Member
I wish they made a +1 kit for our trucks (just bigger rotors with relocated caliper brackets). Unfortunately Ive tried big brake companies in the past with no success. Of course they make 'em for tons of Chevy's and 04 up F series.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I wish they made a +1 kit for our trucks (just bigger rotors with relocated caliper brackets). Unfortunately Ive tried big brake companies in the past with no success. Of course they make 'em for tons of Chevy's and 04 up F series.

No shit!
I wish Todd at TCE would make a +1 kit as an "entry" model type jobbie. I want larger brakes but I cant afford the entry fee for the stage 2 14in brakes he has :(
I dont think it would be that hard for someone to fab up a relocation bracket...and hell Todd could sell his slotted rotors with the kit if need be. Itd be cheaper and you know folks would snatch em up pretty quick as a "fix it now" stop gap type thing until they could afford the big sets :)

Todd...hook us up if possible brother!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I would be ecstatic if someone would just make race pads for our stock calipers!:(:mj::fm:

On edit: Gotta plug my Brembo front kit I have for sale in the market section for several hundreds less than new... ;-)

Last edited:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I definately think an upgrade is needed for these trucks. The breaks fade out too easily after a couple hard presses. Slotted rotors help get rid of the heat, and lots of ppl will tell you to go with aftermarket breakpads (hawk). If you do end up going that route..

The guys over at tce performance have a bunch of break kits for our trucks at good prices.

I decided to go with the brembo big break package, and its by far my favorite mod till about now. Nothing like trusting that you know your truck can stop!
26022008018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread