Should I treat a new head like a new engine?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I am picking up my car today after head replacement and I was just wanting to know if I should treat it like a new engine with a little break-in time. They should have replaced my synthetic with dino oil and I will let that stay in for a couple thousand miles.

How long should I wait for dyno? Dealer put Bassani mid-lengths and I want to dyno before and after with Predator Performance tune.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
The new head does not require any brake in period. Drive it like you stole it!

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Did the dealer say anything about your mods, I have the head tick and was wondering if i should take them off before taking it in.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Mine went in for tick a while back when I just had CAI, Stinger, and x-pipe. They did not have a problem with those mods. The headers went on today by the service department. And I got the predator before it went in for head replacement but have yet to use it.

It all depends on the service department. They SHOULD know that your mods could not cause the tick and that it is a defect in Fords heads. But it seems like some service depts. out there will do anything possible to void a warranty.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
The new head does not require any brake in period. Drive it like you stole it!

whoa, whoa, whoa.....so now u are reccommending abuse? i thought we already covered voiding warranties ... with that long post with networking guru
:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread