should I trade or should I wait.. 2004 cobra

tapout632

Established Member
not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but...

theres a 2004 red cobra with 5k miles for $35k that I am looking at

I need some advice.. should I make the trade giving in my 2001 Cobra with full exhaust, gears and suspension kit or not?

I've always dreamed of driving a 6spd and I love the s/c whine and I have been having a tough decision thinking I could just put a s/c on my 2001 and making it fast but that will cost my thousands anyway, in order to put the s/c on my '01 I'd have to rebuild the engine and install an intercooler and all this when I could just get the '04.

Is it worth it? Should I just trade the '01? What are the pros/cons for my situation.

with the '04 I've heard you just put a pulley and diablo chip and you'll be running 11s.

Last edited:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
35,000!!!! you can buy a fully modded 04 cobra with a kb for that price. That at least 5,000 to much run away.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
35k with 5k miles is way overpriced. You can still find leftover 04's on dealer lots now for under 30k.

tapout632

Established Member
yeah I know its overpriced but theres no other 03/04s that I will find for sale on this island, its at the dealer so maybe i can work on the price, any idea on how to make them realize and to get it down lower easily at leat to $30k or $29k if i'm lucky but doubt it.

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Description — $35,988, Red 2-door RWD Coupe, 5493 miles, MANUAL 6SPD, 4.6L V8. Stock# P1395.

Unless, this would be a better deal, but I'm clueless why it says 5spd.

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Description — $28,988, '03 MUSTANG SVT Cobra, a/c, am/fm cass/CD, 5 spd, alloys, p/w/l/s/b, tilt, cruise, lthr, ABS, tint, airbags, more uc7680/ngj329 $28,988 Dlr

Listing Date: December 30, 2004

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
It says 5 speed because the dealer either screwed up or is simply clueless. There is no such thing as a 5 speed 03/04 Cobra.

$35k is way, way, way too much for a 2004 Cobra with 5000 miles. That is very near original MSRP, and brand new left-overs are going for ~$30k (I got mine last August for $29.8k).

Where are you located? If you don't mind driving a bit, you can do a LOT better than that. Also, I highly recommend selling your 01 to an individual vice a dealer. You'll do way better than a trade (not even close). You'll have to be patient, but the difference between trading your 01 on that overpriced 04 and selling the 01 and finding a reasonably-priced 04 could easily be $10k. No kidding.

Best of luck.

NewFoundPower

04 Snake Charmer
Established Member
I got a brand new 04 for $31K. The internet can be your best friend when looking for a good deal on a car.

-D-

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
He said he lives on an island. I assume he means Oahu. I lived there for 4 years and cars there aren't cheap. They tack on all sorts of bs charges. You are better off buying one from the mainland and shipping to the port in honolulu. That's the best way.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
He said he lives on an island....

I missed that part.... Hard to compare prices from the mainland to those in Hawaii (assuming that is where the car is).

tapout632

Established Member
I'm gonna see if I can work on the price, if they won't bring it down to $29k then **** it. But I agree that i'll get raped with a trade in with them probably only giving me $12k for my 01. I really want an 03/04 badly and I'm pissed I made the mistake of getting an '01 (I just bought it too, back in October for 26k). well hopefully something works out.

chrisle7220

Established Member
my car was 35.6k, and they didnt even budge. I did have a trade in tho, so it all worked out itself in the end. Car trade in was worth 14k,which helped out lot, but bargaining for the cobra didnt change the price at all.Car was still 35.6k and after all taxes and crap came out to like 37-38k with an extended warranty. Looks like i got ripped off. Anyways, 35k is overpriced, but if thats the only cobra on your island, then id say go for it if you got the money. It is definitely better then an 01 cobra and i guarantee you will love everything about it. Especially after the pulley mod. Good luck on getting the 04!

Last edited:

tapout632

Established Member
Ha well I just called the dealer and the 04 Cobra has been sold over the weekend. I guess it's a sign. Well, this now further continues my search for an 03/04.

You know for the cars being sold in the paper, how do they usually get sold (I've never bought a car ever from a private seller, I'd always trade my car in at the dealer) but do they do the same concept as a dealer like you can put a down payment and just finance until you get the loan? Because I know somebody told me they want a check for the full price up front or something and if that's the case, I'd have to sell my '01 in the paper first before I can ever start thinking of getting the 03/04.

Last edited:

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
I'm selling my 03 Cobra Vert with 12,700 miles for 27k. PM me if you are interested. I live in Pearl City Hawaii.

Paul

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
tapout632 said:
not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but...

theres a 2004 red cobra with 5k miles for $35k that I am looking at

I need some advice.. should I make the trade giving in my 2001 Cobra with full exhaust, gears and suspension kit or not?

I've always dreamed of driving a 6spd and I love the s/c whine and I have been having a tough decision thinking I could just put a s/c on my 2001 and making it fast but that will cost my thousands anyway, in order to put the s/c on my '01 I'd have to rebuild the engine and install an intercooler and all this when I could just get the '04.

Is it worth it? Should I just trade the '01? What are the pros/cons for my situation.

with the '04 I've heard you just put a pulley and diablo chip and you'll be running 11s.

That deal is insanly stupid, but thanks for asking, most of us are here to help you (usually), you CAN find something good for you, now is a good time to buy, good luck!! Doc. :pepper: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread