Should i trade in my Raptor or sell it outright?

JeremyR

Established Member
I just recently decided i want a GT500 and have my mind set on it but ive got to get rid of my 2011 Raptor first. I put it on Auto Trader and havent had any interest in it yet its been about 2weeks. I was pretty surprised how well the raptor holds its value it books on KBB for around 45-47k. I have it listed for 44.9 its pretty much mint condition never off road 18k miles. I havn't tried trading it in to the dealer yet its winter up here and my raptor is sitting in my garage put away for the winter detailed so i dont feel like taking it out and getting it dirty shopping it around. And there is really not many not many used gt500's around my area for sale at all im looking for a 11-12. My question is for anyone that has traded their raptor in what the dealer gave you? I was kind of thinking it would be easier to trade in because i woulnt have to pay full sales tax on the mustang which would be about $2500 but i dont want to get raped on the trade either. I did go to one ford dealership right down the road and asked if theyd be interested in buying my raptor and he said only if it was paid off..i dont really know why that would make a difference i didnt ask. I still owe about 27k on it. Wouldnt they just pay off the loan through my bank?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Expect to get around $40-42k TOPS
Shouldn't matter if it has a lien on it, sounds like the dealer is being lazy.
I'm trading mine on my 14 Raptor and getting $43k. Works out better for me for the tax credit.
There are a ton of used 11-12's for sale.
Good luck, and for the love of god, get that truck out and drive it!

JeremyR

Established Member
Haha thanks yea..just want to keep it in top condition if someone came to look at it. I drive alot for work... rediculous actually like 4-6 hrs a day so i have a beater to commute in, hate racking up the miles on the Raptor. And i pretty much got my mind made up on selling it. Im sure in a couple years i'll want a truck again lol..thats seems to be my pattern. Oh well if i was rich id have em both the raptors really are sweet trucks though. Ive had my eye on the upcoming Ford Atlas

Last edited:

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
Expect to get around $40-42k TOPS
Shouldn't matter if it has a lien on it, sounds like the dealer is being lazy.
I'm trading mine on my 14 Raptor and getting $43k. Works out better for me for the tax credit.
There are a ton of used 11-12's for sale.
Good luck, and for the love of god, get that truck out and drive it!

What the specs on your Raptor you're trading in? I'm looking at buying one and I'm considering used

Users who are viewing this thread