Should I sell my truck?

99GTvert

Established Member
My DD is a 2001 F150 Harley edition. It's getting up there in miles so I test drove a new Ecoboost and loved it! The truck is in decent shape for an 01 and the KBB was around 10 grand. Basically, how much more do you guys think it will depreciate in the next few years? I only ask because I looked around, and any running truck under $10,000 looked pretty beat. I just don't know if now would be a good time to sell, or just run it til it dies.

Mulldune

Established Member
I would drive it till it died,or untill I got tired of making repairs on it

99GTvert

Established Member
That truck has a lot of life left in it. My bro's 02 Harley f-150 S/C has 150k and it still runs like a champ.

I agree, my dad has a 5.4 in his super duty work truck. His has about 10k more miles and he regularly tows 10,000+ pounds and it still runs fine.

99GTvert

Established Member
x-cab? 4 door? 2-tone? Give details man.

They pretty much only made them one way. It has all the options available I think besides power rear window. Moonroof, heated seats, aftermarket in-dash DVD/nav/mp3 player, custom speakers with the rear center console converted to a sub enclosure for an Alpine type-r 12. It really is a perfect DD but something new would be nice, also 4X4 wouldn't hurt up here in the snow belt!

Fuerza

Established Member
Supercharged 5.4 is a nice motor. Plus the Harley F-150 is a sharp looking truck. I'd keep it a few more years unless it's falling apart.

99GTvert

Established Member
No I don't NEED one, just want. Like I said, 4 wheel drive would be nice, and the new f150's are much better overall. I can get a decent price with the A plan, and I dont know if I wait a couple years if the truck isn't even worth $5k.

Jaa1456

Established Member
So you have the Lincoln Blackwood basicaly with the toilet bowl center console in the rear. Just keep it and drive it into the ground. Then buy a used Eco boost in a few years. I looked at them and with the crew cab you are looking at a 40k dollar truck.

Users who are viewing this thread