Should I replace my BBK twin 65mm TB?

My96z

Established Member
I have a 04' Cobra with a 2.6l KB at 17 psi. I just ordered a Lethal budget return system and a Killer chiller. I was thinking the next place to spend some money would be on a TB.

As of now I have no complaints with my BBK. No idle issues, sticking, cruise problems or anything, I am happy with it. But if I were to see a good HP increase by going with an oval/sb TB I would swap it out. I would think the twin screw would benefit from an accufab or billetflow and make it worth while.

I have a JLT high-boost intake, BA-2400 MAF on the intake side. Has anyone seen a worthwhile increase from the BBK after switching to an oval/sb TB?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Single blade Accufab or Billetflow.

Hey you forgot to tell thim that the KB plenum is either designed for a twin bore or a single blade TB.

OP If you want to go to a bigger oval setup you will need to either modify your current plenum (IAC will be a PITA to get setup) or get the single blade throttle body version from Kenne Bell. All the non-mammoth plenums from the 2.2 upto the 2.8 are the same.

Last edited:

My96z

Established Member
Damn. I didnt know that. Thanks. I guess I will stay with the BBK then.

I did read somwhere that you can port the KB plenum for a SB then run a dragon TB with a GT iac? May be more trouble than its worth though.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread