Should I keep my 04 chrome oem rims?

Dombrocj

Established Member
They sit in bags in my basement and take up space. Realistically they will never go back on the car cause I think 18s are a must. How much resale value do they have being included w the sale of the car? I'm considering selling and reinvesting that elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
local sale is better
won't make shit if you have to ship em + Paypal fees
Center caps? If so, $100.00 set mint
Wheels probably $900-1000.00 tops

Would keep them in case you sell the car.
I kept mine and ran TF Wheels. When I sold the car, I got my asking price with the stockers and almost broke even selling the TF wheels separate

Dombrocj

Established Member
$100 for caps?

I love these rims though. Would be tough to let them go. I may have a buyer a few hours a way. I want to get new 18s and rear tires and as you know that's not cheap, so trying to off set.
3e5b4c3b893f1211053f67b2453dd597.jpg
84cfc3306b6b9d46f3544192f2ca1ed1.jpg
5d6c2d99681baabd1bab51ba83aa718d.jpg
60f4689b7ba73633f5455e1796723ec3.jpg
a134319b4d42d5a0ce4318998b33bb3a.jpg

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
If you'll never use them just sell them. Depending on condition I've seen them go from 500-800.

I recently sold a set for 500 in good shape with trash tires.

They are hard to sell for anything more because most people want to go staggered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I would keep them because you never know, after a few years you may loose your passion for the wheels you are putting on. Original cars bring more money when selling. OEM parts will be hard to find some day, our cars are getting older and some parts aren't available anymore. Just my two cents.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
While I agree 18” wheels are perfect on New Edge Mustangs (that’s why the 00R came with 18’s), I agree with those above that recommend hanging on to your originals. At some point, you or the next owner will want the car to be stock and when the original parts are long-gone, it will be hard/expensive to get it back to original. Hang on to all of your original parts. If you sell the car, put the original stuff back on it and sell the aftermarket stuff to maximize your $. Don’t be tempted by the few dollars now. Think long term.

Dombrocj

Established Member
So the consensus so far is having the OEM wheels does affect resale value of the car to the point where it's worth storing them.

dom418

Established Member
So the consensus so far is having the OEM wheels does affect resale value of the car to the point where it's worth storing them.

I would not go so far as to say your car is worth more money with the stock wheels. It isn’t that difficult to find a used set if your buyer wants them.

If your car is already modded it would make no difference to me if the car came with the stock wheels IMO. If your car has 5000 miles and stock, I’d say keep them

Dombrocj

Established Member
The car isn't stock. Basic bolt on at moment w 50k+ and I'll probably get it to 60 if I sell. It's not a rare color either that's why I was thinking the market for selling this car wouldn't put too much value in the oem rims.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
The stock wheels are another bargaining tool if you go to sell the car. If a potential buyer makes you an offer that is a little less then what you want for the car, you could always offer the car to them with the stock wheels for that price. In my experience most buyers will accept that offer. Then you could sell your other wheels and re-coupe some of the cash.

Users who are viewing this thread