Should I go with an 8lber for the track

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Last time I dynoed was on a humid day and after my header install,My hp and tq went down not to mention Boost.my power went from 410-397 and my tq went from472-469 and boost went down from 14.33-13.65.Should I throw on an 8lber just to make up for lost boost and hp&tq.I have the stage 4 port,or will it just creat more heat and giving menothing in return?I know those ports work best at 15lbs of boost

Rook

Established Member
im going to the dyno and tune mine tomorrow with stock upper and 8lb lower. ill post the numbers.

soniclightning

Established Member
I think that the 8# pulley would just add more unwanted heat. I would suggest trying to lower the intake temps. Aftermarket heat exchanger, icey reservoir, larger intercooler reservoir, or an ice box should do the trick.

I didn't notice any noticable gains until I installed a jlp supercooler.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
I see you got wayyy more mods than me,I'm still on stock block.So your truck can take that 8lber with ease

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
I think that the 8# pulley would just add more unwanted heat. I would suggest trying to lower the intake temps. Aftermarket heat exchanger, icey reservoir, larger intercooler reservoir, or an ice box should do the trick.

I didn't notice any noticable gains until I installed a jlp supercooler.

Thats something to look into.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Last time I dynoed was on a humid day and after my header install,My hp and tq went down not to mention Boost.my power went from 410-397 and my tq went from472-469 and boost went down from 14.33-13.65.Should I throw on an 8lber just to make up for lost boost and hp&tq.I have the stage 4 port,or will it just creat more heat and giving menothing in return?I know those ports work best at 15lbs of boost

I would try and dyno on a good cool dry day... I've dynoed my truck so many times it's not even funny. I would usually gain 15-20 rwhp depending on humidity and coolness vs the humid hot days... I had a Steig 4 and gained only 17 rwhp and 1 rwtq.(4lber to 6lber).. Needless to say I odered a Whipple a month later...Huge difference... I personally would stay away from the 8lber.. The increased heat will only hurt in the long run.. Header may have taken away from your tq and boost level a little bit...

I guarantee you if you dyno on a cooler dryer day you will see that number increase by at least 10-15 rwhp.. This will put you right on top of the typical stage 4 port running on most lightnings....You won't see much more tq gain IMO.....

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
So these are the # with it detuned HP: 505 TQ: 570 1/4 Mile: 11.96@ 114.50 I pan on getting one myself hopefully by next spring.

Users who are viewing this thread