Should I go turbo

freiday13

Established Member
Ok I already have nx kit on the car. I all bolt ons except the headers. I wanna do the jpc single turbo kit so bad but 7k is a lot of money idk if I should just save it or if it's really worth the money. I'm in a toss up idk what to do!!:shrug:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
If you don't have money to build your motor for that oh shit moment I think you should wait and by the sounds of it you don't. 7K plus injectors/tune and install (if your not a diy'r) could add up close to 10k real quick.....then that's not counting a good fuel system and the back up fund for the motor. I would say 15k min. in mod money is a good amount to have before even start thinking about adding any type boost to your coyote.

freiday13

Established Member
I'm only do 6psi until I have funds for motor but idk if I should spend the money or keep nitrous. I love turbos that's all I normally run but idk. That a lot of money to blow

Deranged2013

Established Member
If I had the cash, I'd have a turbo right now. I think most people would but it's all about what you can afford to do. It is a lot of money for the kit, install, tune, and supporting mods. To do it right, a least $10,000.00. All that power is no good if you can't get your car to hook and launch properly. You have to think about the rest of the drivetrain also. Gears, driveshaft, clutch, and anything else that may not hold up to the new power. The kit is affordable but to do it right with supporting mods, not so much. I would have to save for a while.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It's not cheap but once it's on and supporting mods done, you're there, ridiculous street car status.

I'd have a hard time with putting one on a stock motor because the temptation to up the boost just a little bit more would be too much.

freiday13

Established Member
I have the suspension done. I will install it all my self I own my own shop. But idk 10k to run a second faster than I could with nitrous. But turbos are just plain panty droppers and I ****ing love them haha I just dont kno if I'll ever stop building it. Like when is it enough haha

Users who are viewing this thread