Should i go 3.55's?

whoLEEoh

Established Member
Hey guys was doing some research and found out that the Boss 302R is running 3.55 final drive...What do you guys think of the boss if i put the 3.55's in it? Pros and Cons Please!! :-D

Thank you.

AZBOSS

Established Member
The hero card says 3.55s but they are all running 4.10s; their transmission is completely different from the street car.

3.73 with the MT82 is a very good match.

Last edited:

2013Boss302

Established Member
Hey guys was doing some research and found out that the Boss 302R is running 3.55 final drive...What do you guys think of the boss if i put the 3.55's in it? Pros and Cons Please!! :-D

Thank you.

there is no need to change anything on this car. It is a street legal race car from the factory.

Grant808

Established Member

Thank you.

I think it only makes sense if you are currently topping out of a particular gear or avoiding a downshift if you make the change...at a track (or more) which you frequent.

whoLEEoh

Established Member
there is no need to change anything on this car. It is a street legal race car from the factory.

lol you could always change stuff on a car to make it better..like intake/xpipe/tune/suspension...our shifter bracket is a joke which is the first mod i did....but im thinking 3.55 to go on nitrous for the hell of it :-X lol

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
3:55 gear was a grand am mandate. the fr500c came with a 4:10 originally and the car was too fast. grand am forced them into the 3:55 and that applied to the boss r when it came out. now, the bmw and porsche have an advantage and ga has given the 4:10 back to the mustangs.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
When I get another Boss and do the FRPP intake cams, CJ throttle body and intake and with the ignition tweaks, I plan on revving it to 8000-8400 and running 4.30 gears...gonna be sick!!

8200 on my other Boss was no problem, but the car needs the cams and intake to get really silly with the revs... can you say over 475 RWHP????????

Users who are viewing this thread