Should I get subframes after 7K

Lomancobra

Established Member
I have about 7 thousand miles on the car. I wanted to get subframes early on, but the shop couldnt get the parts in, and then they were on back order. Then one thing led to another and now I have 7thousand on the car. I wanted to do the subframes to prevent chassis twist, so is it even worth it anymore? Or is my chassis probably already out of whack? Should I just forget the subframes and save the weight?

Last edited:

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I am sure its not outta whack yet dude, I think subframes are worth the price, a few buddies have them, I am getting mine with tax monies :)

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
What subframes does everyone reccomend?

I've had subs installed on one of my previous mustangs, but the shop does all custom work and they cut the floorboard out and welded in box steel all the way. So the end result is one frame rail the whole length of the car, looks factory like the car has a full frame. Great job, really made the car stiff, but I also had a cage put in at the same time.

What pre fabbed weld in kits are the best? I don't want to go the same route with the cobra, i don't want to screw the floor\carpet up.

kj385

Established Member
I put subs in my 1990 coupe after 90k miles and it was still worth it. I went with www.globalwest.net (part # 912) and was very happy with it. With my 03 Cobra I'm going with part # 929. But I have to check to make sure they will work with the 03. They do cost more but IMO you can't go wrong.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I have Griggs subframes on my vert. Big difference (but it is a vert ha ha). Some don't like them because they are lighter than other subframes, , but they are said to be very strong for their weight. The toy is already heavy enough. Griggsracing.com or go to Google and search.
I thought the coupe was pretty stiff already.
JW

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I have heard many good things about Maximum Motorsports subframes

Stung01

Established Member
In the near future I am purchasing the kenny Brown extreme sub system which comes with the jacking rails, extreme matrix brace, and the subframe connectors. Unless someone can recommend soemthing superior...?

Users who are viewing this thread