Should I get gauges?

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
I bought a 2003 OW Cobra couple months ago and it's put away for the winter. As far as I can tell it has an intake, exhaust, pulley, tune, irs brace. Everything else appears to be stock. I'm going to keep it at this stage until the car is paid off. Do you think it's pointless at this stage to install gauges. I'm not gonna be racing it and driving it hard all the time and its not a daily driver. I know gauges are good for future builds but at this point do you think I really need them being close to stock. The current tune is a bama sct tune so I'm assuming it is a mail tune. I would like to get it dyno tuned this summer though to ensure it is a good tune.

Also could anyone recommend a good tuner near Ny? I was thinking of going to johnny lightning.

Thanks in advance.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What gauges are you talking about? IMO all forced induction cars should have a wideband at least.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I'd want, at a minimum, a wideband or a fuel pressure gauge. Something that lets you know when the fuel supply is going south so you can lift before the motor lets go.

Users who are viewing this thread