Should I get beefier SFCs if I plan on having more HP?

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
**Info to keep in mind while reading this, I’m knew to thecar moding scene so I don’t have all the knowledge in the world on this and asfor plans for the car, I ideally want to do more track stuff as opposed to dragracing. My car is also a coupe.**

I’ve been reading up a lot on subframe connectors and I’m convincedthat they should be one of the next modifications I make to my car. As I was reading I came to the conclusionthat Maximum Motorsports full length SFC would be the best to get consideringthere price and the comments I read about them. However, I then started seeing comments about how if your car is makingor is going to be making a lot of power, you should consider a beefier SFC thanMM’s. Would you guys consider this agood idea? Even looking at for exampleGlobal West’s SFC compared to MM’s it looks like Global West’s would be much sturdier. I’ve even get the impression there are even betteroptions then these two out there but some of them sounded like it required youto cut up the floor. I want to make mycar as sturdy as I can but I’d prefer to stay away from cutting up the car, I’djust like to weld something on like the MM’s or even the Global West ones ifyou can do that with them.

Just wondering what your guys opinions are on SFCs with cars that make idk say 500+ HP.

Thanks!

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The MM connectors are pretty sturdy. I went with the Stifflers set up because of the jacking rails. I believe they add a little more stiffness because of the extra rail and they're joined by braces. Having the jacking rail makes life a lot easier.

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
But is having a better SFC something I should worry about if I'm planning on making a good amount of power?

sigmanx

Established Member
Mine isn't a cobra and is more of a twisty car but with the mm sfc it's pretty sturdy. The best for sturdiness is still gonna include 2X3 welded through the floor but I understand if you don't want to go that route. I had contemplated that route myself when I was in school and could/should have done it. (No back seat and it doesn't bother me).

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
Mine isn't a cobra and is more of a twisty car but with the mm sfc it's pretty sturdy. The best for sturdiness is still gonna include 2X3 welded through the floor but I understand if you don't want to go that route. I had contemplated that route myself when I was in school and could/should have done it. (No back seat and it doesn't bother me).

Is it possible to explain a little bit more what is meant by 2X3 through the floor? Does it actually involve cutting holes through the floor like I can sit inside the car and touch the ground outside holes? Where does this take place, do you have to remove the seats or something?

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
yes lol, you pull the carpet the seats etc ill try to find some pics of a friend of mine that has it done

Sorry there isn't going to be holes that you can look through when your done this is so you can tie everything together so its a lot stronger
IMO I agree stifflers setup is awesome

Last edited:

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
yes lol, you pull the carpet the seats etc ill try to find some pics of a friend of mine that has it done

Sorry there isn't going to be holes that you can look through when your done this is so you can tie everything together so its a lot stronger
IMO I agree stifflers setup is awesome

When it was all done I assumed the holes were covered up but the making the holes and pulling up the carpet seems much more ... invasive for what I would want to do to the inside of my car. I'd very much prefer to just welt something to the bottom of it and it seems that the MM connectors will be fine even if you push a lot of power.

sigmanx

Established Member
Ya. You wouldn't have backseats anymore but the main area where the 2X3 would really show Is in the rear floor pan and maybe a little under the front seats. You really shouldn't have any through the front floor pan as far as I'm aware. Most setups like this that I have seen don't.

sigmanx

Established Member
But for 95% of the applications mm or stifflers would be just fine.a

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
Ya. You wouldn't have backseats anymore but the main area where the 2X3 would really show Is in the rear floor pan and maybe a little under the front seats. You really shouldn't have any through the front floor pan as far as I'm aware. Most setups like this that I have seen don't.

Ahh yeah for now I plan on keeping interior of the car clean. That almost sounds like the beginning of a full roll cage set up.

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
Ok the post I read say that if you had a coup and were looking to go above like 475 hp you should go with something other than MM but maybe he was just talking out his ass. Thought I would double check anyway.

ddschmitz

Young car noob
Established Member
But for 95% of the applications mm or stifflers would be just fine.a

Ok the post I read say that if you had a coup and were looking to go above like 475 hp you should go with something other than MM but maybe he was just talking out his ass. Thought I would double check anyway.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Go on LMR, use the forum discount code and get the whole stifflers fit system and be done. You wont need anything more.

oldmodman

Established Member
And just in case you were wondering. If you already have the MMFLSFC you can order the Stiffler kit without the connectors and weld everything to your MM connectors.

sigmanx

Established Member
That's one thing I have been wanting to do with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread