Should I get a WOT Box?

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I left the timing to auto. I *believe* that means it kills the ignition until you fully release the clutch. In a speed shift its a fraction of a second. Ive found on the street at least that the auto setting sets up the engine speed nicely for the next gear. Im sure on the track its going to be just as effective with auto timing.

Ive gotten a few back fires. One was a monster explosion under an underpass. The car behind me backed waaayyyy the hell off after I let it rip haha.

Oh, thats a good point too. WOT Box no lift shift is best suited for track prepared cars (ie no cats). If using with cats, use it sparingly. The fuel injectors still pump fuel into the cylinders, thus the fire ball when shifting sometimes. No lift shift or 2 step with cats could and likely will melt them down if overdone. Something to think about.

Remember, when youre car is wide open throttle, the presence of oxygen in the exhaust when the ignition is cut shouldnt change fuel trims. At WOT, the car should be in open loop fuel control with the A/F sensors monitoring overall A/F. Once your throttle is out of WOT, the ECU should go back to using the A/Fs for trim control. Since youre not no lift shifting or 2 stepping off WOT, it runs normally.

About the cats... I have SW longtubes and highflow cats, will they still melt or would they be ok for NLS?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
About the cats... I have SW longtubes and highflow cats, will they still melt or would they be ok for NLS?

Id probably see about buying or having an off road x or h pipe fabbed up. If its an occasional use, it shouldnt be that bad but a night of racing could melt down the cats, high flow or oem

djniknala

Established Member
At WOT, the car should be in open loop fuel control with the A/F sensors monitoring overall A/F. Once your throttle is out of WOT, the ECU should go back to using the A/Fs for trim control. Since youre not no lift shifting or 2 stepping off WOT, it runs normally.

These cars are only in open loop when the O2's haven't come up to temp. They are closed loop all the time otherwise. Just take a look at your LTFT's at WOT if you don't believe me.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I wouldn't trust cats with it
-J

Thanks.

Id probably see about buying or having an off road x or h pipe fabbed up. If its an occasional use, it shouldnt be that bad but a night of racing could melt down the cats, high flow or oem

Think it's possible to get some QuickTime cutouts between the header and the cat? Open it when racing so I can keep my current setup for the street, absolutely love the sound right now. How would that work bypassing the o2's when open?

07snake430

Established Member
I use it and have been for years.....i swear by it, i had it on my 9.4 @ 150 2010 gt500 with the 4.0L Whipple and i have it on my current 2014 gt500...good word of advice above to upgrade the pivot pins they are smaller then previous gen and prone to break....I upgraded mine to the 8mm via the kit from cobraracing....i also did the oil pump gears, crank sprocket and did the secondary chain and tensioner....07-12 gt500 your fine 13-14 you should upgrade the pins....he is my 14 in action with the wotbox set to .050ms....its just test n tune so im not trying to cut a light by any means but you can hear that i dont stay on the 2 step long at all and im definately powershifting rowing through the gears....

What rear gear 3.55 or 3.73 ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks.

Think it's possible to get some QuickTime cutouts between the header and the cat? Open it when racing so I can keep my current setup for the street, absolutely love the sound right now. How would that work bypassing the o2's when open?

entirely possible. But youd have to have your mid pipe reworked to accommodate them. Also, with your rear O2s active, youll need a tune revision taking the exhaust cutouts into account (IE an off road tune). Use of the cutouts with your on-road tune would probably set a check engine light for the rear o2s.

Last edited:

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
entirely possibly. But youd have to have your mid pipe reworked to accommodate them. Also, with your rear O2s active, youll need a tune revision taking the exhaust cutouts into account (IE an off road tune). Use of the cutouts with your on-road tune would probably set a check engine light for the rear o2s.

Excellent thanks, I think I may just do this.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Stupid question:

I'm assuming the factory launch control is not hard on the weak timing components (like the WOTbox is)..so why not? Because the factory launch control modulates fuel as well as spark?

Users who are viewing this thread