Should I do this?

JAYMONEY

Established Member
Got my SVTF photochopped at Focal Jet. What do you guys think? Should I do this? I it too much black? Do the red calipers look good? Opinions please. :)
Before

After

HTPerformance

It's only paint.... you can always change it if you don't enjoy it later.

My WRX buddy decided to paint his rims green on a silver car... looks armyish, but whatever, hes gonna do gunmetal or bronze next winter.

-Brian

stangkid

Established Member
I think the black wheels look like shit i would leave them the way they are just paint your calipers red.

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
My car is black and I had my stockers powdercoated black. I think it looks sick.

I'm probably going to get my wheels powdercoated soon; how are yours holding up, are you happy with the durability of them etc.. How much did you end up paying (if you don't mind) and how long did it take? Thanks!

p.s. that photoshop leaves something to be desired and I think you would like it alot better in person...

Last edited:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
03SVTF said:
I'm probably going to get my wheels powdercoated soon; how are yours holding up, are you happy with the durability of them etc.. How much did you end up paying (if you don't mind) and how long did it take? Thanks!

p.s. that photoshop leaves something to be desired and I think you would like it alot better in person...
If it's done correct, powdercoating should hold up pretty well. I'll probably get my wheels powdercoated this spring. I'm just afraid it might be too much black.

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Daeron said:
Leave a silver lip and it'll help break-up all the solid black, but keep it very tasteful :)

I think that silver lips are leaning a little towards rice, but then again the all black look is like the old japanese hot hatch look, so pick your poison...

UtahSVT

Established Member
Do these look like rice???
12785redfoc009.jpg

Fast Willy

Established Member
I say do it. I powdercoated mine black on my silver focus and it loks sick and Ive seen it done on a black one and Ive had my tock cobra rims powdercoated black as welll looks sick.

UtahSVT

Established Member
Primaris said:
Yes.
Crossdrilled = rice too
OK -- whatever! They look good and they make me stop. How is that rice? Just cause it didn't come stock? All the "oh thats rice" talk is so much crap! I agree that some things people do may not look good but its just the macho dumbasses who have no imagination who actually have to comment and say its rice.

Last edited:

inteller

Established Member
i think you should spend less time at Fecaljet.....or you'll actually end up doing some of that shit in your pictures.

but hey, if the black paint makes your car faster, go for it

Primaris

Established Member
UtahSVT said:
OK -- whatever! They look good and they make me stop. How is that rice? Just cause it didn't come stock? All the "oh thats rice" talk is so much crap! I agree that some things people do may not look good but its just the macho dumbasses who have no imagination who actually have to comment and say its rice.

If that is a picture of your car sorry I wouldn't have made the comment. I thought it was just some magazine picture. But, yes crossdrilled rotors are rice. They look cool. But reduce performance and are prone to cracking.

Daeron

Established Member
They don't reduce performance. Prone to cracking, yes, but there are ways around that as well. Personally, I'd get the slotted with dimples, and then get them cryo'd :)

Daeron

Established Member
inteller said:
uh...yeah...sure.

I do a lot of racing with my car as well (autox and drag), and plan on starting to do some road course racing as well, so I would benefit from them. The average person would get hardly any benefit from them other then emptying the pocketbook :)

Users who are viewing this thread