Should I Do it?

NoPistons

Established Member
So here is the deal fellas. I have the opportunity to buy a 95 Cobra. It has 95K on the clock. It is red with black interior and is essentially stock. It has a recent dent in the passanger side fender but nothing crazy. The guy has brought the price down to 4700 because he is moving and can't take it. I could probably pick it up for 4500. I had been looking for a 96-98 cobra because it is a better performer out of the box. What do you guys think, should I hold out and keep looking for a 4.6 cobra (Or possibly an ls1 powered car) or go ahead and buy his cobra? If nothing else I guess I could buy it and probably make a profirt on it. Thoughts?

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
So here is the deal fellas. I have the opportunity to buy a 95 Cobra. It has 95K on the clock. It is red with black interior and is essentially stock. It has a recent dent in the passanger side fender but nothing crazy. The guy has brought the price down to 4700 because he is moving and can't take it. I could probably pick it up for 4500. I had been looking for a 96-98 cobra because it is a better performer out of the box. What do you guys think, should I hold out and keep looking for a 4.6 cobra (Or possibly an ls1 powered car) or go ahead and buy his cobra? If nothing else I guess I could buy it and probably make a profirt on it. Thoughts?

If its what you want then yes, thats a good deal. That is below wholesale for that car i think.

If its not modded that means its old lady driven.

If its the car you want then by all means get it, that is a fantastic deal in my opinion.

I paid 6k for my '94 with 103k on it btw.

CWJameson

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Id most definately get a LS1 powered car over that if your looking for performance out of the box

LS1 out of the box is the best.

96-98 Cobras are fantastic but heads cam intake LS1's are crazy fast

But if you want to own a Cobra cause its a Cobra then a 5.0 Cobra thats a pushrod is an eaasy way to make power there are plenty of how to's

NoPistons

Established Member
What is the going price for a 5.0 cobra these days? Would it even be worth it for me to turn around and sell.

Also for anyone that was trying to make a 5.0 vs 4.6 decision which did you choose and why/

Helomech74

Established Member
I would pick it up. Don't get fixated on the power numbers. That car was a slug from the factory, but it has GREAT potential once you uncork it. SBF cars respond VERY well to Heads, Cam and intake swaps, and IMO there is much more available for it power wise and many more options available. I am going to eventually yank the 4.6 out of my Cobra in favor of a 408 Windsor stroker. I prefer the SBF and BBF engines over the modular stuff.

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
What is the going price for a 5.0 cobra these days? Would it even be worth it for me to turn around and sell.

Also for anyone that was trying to make a 5.0 vs 4.6 decision which did you choose and why/

I wish I had gotten a 5.0 over 4.6, the 4.6 costs a lot more to mod.

bzubke1

Established Member
Buy it, the 5.0 is a great engine and easy to work on. Not to mention all the aftermarket.

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
I see there is one in Berkeley for around the same price, but has more miles. I would have looked at this one but I already have 2 Cobra's. If the one your looking at has 95k sounds like a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread