Should I buy this bugger?

Ithnu

Established Member
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4644397111.html

I went and saw it in person. A few scratches on the front, but that seems pretty normal. The guys is a total Mustang guy; loves Foxes, owned a '03 Cobra and he's selling this in order to fund his '70 fastback. The '70 is literally in the garage next to the the Boss. Is that price fair? I think it is. What does The Internet say?

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
That's a rare orange Creamsicle and the price is about right. Yeah, check the VIN and roll, any service records can be obtained from the dealer or owner.ford.com.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Clear title and you like that color scheme, go for it!

Para81

Established Member
As always get a Pre Purchase Inspection first. Based off what you said about the owner though I'll bet that car has been pampered and well looked after - clearly an enthusiast and a car lover.

Ithnu

Established Member
I love the look of the Boss and I like the that it's NOT a GT500. It's a good price on a hard to find car. It's the only local one I can find in CO right now. I like the competition orange...but I prefer it with the black highlights not the white. That's a whole lot in the yes column. Would it be a crime to repaint it to black highlights?

I'm going to stop by the bank today to see what financing options I have. I was going to save for another year and look for one. But this just showed up in my area. Similar to a few years ago when I was looking for an early '90s Fox; ended up finding a stock '93 Cobra in fantastic shape. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on that one and am getting that feeling for this one right now.

Grant808

Established Member
I would be easier and cheaper to find one with the black sticker/paint IMO. And a little bit unwise to undo a Comp Orange/white car. But if you plan on keeping it a while... do what you want and change the color.

Ithnu

Established Member
Well the bank gave me a higher interest rate than I wanted. 5% despite have $10k to put down. I've been doing contact engineering work and don't have any official income right now so I couldn't get the 2.2% they advertised.

So it's a no go. I'll just save my $$ and buy one right out in a year or two.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well the bank gave me a higher interest rate than I wanted. 5% despite have $10k to put down. I've been doing contact engineering work and don't have any official income right now so I couldn't get the 2.2% they advertised.

So it's a no go. I'll just save my $$ and buy one right out in a year or two.

At $25k financed, the difference between 2-5% is pretty marginal over 5yrs. $30/mo for a total of $1800 if you actually took it full term for all 60mo's.

Shorter term or paying more than the minimum payment would also reduce interest impact.

Ithnu

Established Member
Well that was an estimate by the bank associate. He gave me a no BS that my undocumented contract engineering won't show up as legit income unfortunately; despite my account balances.

So I'm stuck saving for another year or two and buying one with cash. *Really buying one with cash; obviously this car will be gone.

Thanks for all the input though, I do appreciate it. These cars are bass ass; I really do like them better than the 2015.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
If you're in good financial shape take the 5% deal and get that Boss - hell of a price, you probably won't see one like it again.

Ithnu

Established Member
I'm in good finical shape; but starting a 1099 (or trying too) engineering gig doesn't sit well with bank.

Anyone need a Mechanical Engineer?

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
if you have over a 600 beacon and previous car credit, fire that bank. With 10k down its pretty easy to get financed even without w2 income.

Users who are viewing this thread