Should I buy a C6 Z06?

sav03cobra

Established Member
I currently have a 2003 SB Cobra with some pretty substantial upgrades. I absolutely love my Cobra, but I have been looking into a possible change....

Why would you or wouldn't you want a C6 Z06? Talk me into one or out of one. Thanks! Here is pics of my current car.

1492150_10203247022883395_1672045485_o.jpg1040131_10203247025523461_1382370505_o.jpg1534763_10203247024243429_257880120_o.jpg1599406_10203247025043449_1171091889_o.jpg

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
They are sexy cars, and it seems like the normal transition around here from a Termi to a C6 Z. I don't have a termi so i can't say if i would or wouldn't buy one and sell the cobra.

Are you looking for a new car to personalize?

Zemedici

Established Member
Yup, its between a c6z or a ctsv for my next purchase.

Leaning toward the V.

More Power, Less weight, newer, less miles (hopefully :D), list goes on and on, only down side is mod price is not as economical as a Ford, but hey - gotta pay to play.

Last edited:

sav03cobra

Established Member
Yes, I think I just want a new car to mod and play around with. If I had a C6z first mods would be CAI, Exhaust, and Tune.

Maybe find someone to swap with? Cash on top (my end)? I dunno........

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
C6z is most definitely my next car after my whipple cobra. I've driven to many of them and that was my first mistake lol they are amazing cars ! Although I do love my cobra! I would trade in a heart beat

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I would love to have a SB coupe to park next to my vert so either one of you want to hand over the keys I'm ready! LOL seriously if I could afford another car, it would be another cobra. Don't know why, just don't like change I guess.

sav03cobra

Established Member
I definitely think change will be hard. There is just someting about the LeMans Blue C6Z that I love.

All I have grown up knowing is Ford and Mustangs.

Troponin

Established Member
Great looking car.

The Z06 is a pretty impressive car, both on and off the track, and on both a drag strip and a road track. In order to appreciate its full potential though, you would really need to take it to a road track. They perform really well in a straight line, but they perform like supercars on a road track. That's not to say you can't enjoy them on the road, but just telling you that they have a lot of potential you might not ever see if you just drive it around on the road.

That said, I love my new mustang GT, but I bought my mustang because, for the money, you cannot match its performance. If I had the money for a $70k+ toy that I could keep in the garage, the vette is probably the next step up in the most performance for the money spent, followed by the GT500 closely.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I see the attraction, they are amazing cars, there's no doubt about it. It still doesn't make sense to me how a mild bolt on C6Z beats a 13/14 GT500 from a roll, but there are plenty of clips to show it. In a Terminator you have to have 100+ more whp to hang with one, which again doesn't make sense but seems to be true. I guess lower weight and better gearing wins.

I'm sure my pullied\ bolt on car would get rolled up by a bone stock C6Z, which sucks!

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
c6z or gt500 that would be a hard choice.

with the z 500+ hp very light, good mpg, sounds amazing and performs so well you will never get tired of it.
gt500 662hp...nuff said

maverick0817

Established Member
If you want a c6z have money set aside to replace the heads. Alot of them have issues from the factory. My friend has one with HCI and full exhaust and it makes a little north of 600 whp and runs 10.4's on NT05R's. Another alternative would be buying a grand sport and doing long tubes, cam, Centri and make 700 WHP all day.

stangfreak

Established Member
Its a hard choice. I love the terminator. I still have mine since aug of 03. If you have the money to support the c6z and mod it, then I would go for it. I always wanted a twin turbo c6z06

cclark

Established Member
I love me some c6z's!!! I am debating a 13/14 gt500 or a 11/12 z06. The cts-v would be in that mix if the coupes weren't so ugly. Not really into 4 door/sedan sport cars either so that's how I eliminated the ctsv choice.

Not sure why I'm writing this since it doesn't help you at all op lol sorry and good luck with your decision. Beautiful cobra you have. I debated sonic blue and comp orange forever and ended with the great pumpkin cobra lol

Troponin

Established Member
Stick with your cobra! Don't support Obama motors!

As much as I disliked the bail outs, I have to at least add, Ford was the first to ever be bailed out by the government. Chrysler was second, GM was last. In 2008, Ford did, in fact, accept billions in government loans, so technically, they are partially owned by Obama as well. The government only has a couple % of shares left in GM. It would have been completely out by now had they not gotten hit with the ignition recalls. :/

Anyway, now all American car companies can claim they were bailed out at one time or another. GM is actually more profitable atm too, so they did well turning it around. Ford has been bailed out once, and on a second time in 2008, accepted money "just in case", as they claimed. Chrysler has actually been saved twice as well.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
C6 Z06 all the way! Performs better in every aspect and looks WAY better too!!

Users who are viewing this thread