Should I buy a 2013 Roush stage 3 38k price tag

dru440

Established Member
I am looking for a Mustang that I can take to the car shows and occasionally down the drag strip. I was thinking of an 11-12 Shelby GT500 as I am looking to spend no more than 40k. I was browsing and noticed a 13 Roush Stage 3 for under 40k and 5k miles on it. I am not even sure if this is a good deal or not but would fill my need for what I am looking for. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Thank you

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Pics are needed. If it has the full Roush interior upgrades they are very nice cars. Can make very good power with a pulley and a better tune.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Can make very good power with a pulley and a better tune.

But still not as much as a Shelby. Remember, OP, it's built off a Mustang GT, and as you can see from the price, depreciates like one, too. It cost more than a GT500 when it was new. I don't think you'll find a '13 GT500 for $38K yet. But anyway, get an '11/'12 GT500 for the same (or less) money. You won't be sorry. And you'll have the potential to make way more power than the Roush can make.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
But still not as much as a Shelby. Remember, OP, it's built off a Mustang GT, and as you can see from the price, depreciates like one, too. It cost more than a GT500 when it was new. I don't think you'll find a '13 GT500 for $38K yet. But anyway, get an '11/'12 GT500 for the same (or less) money. You won't be sorry. And you'll have the potential to make way more power than the Roush can make.

I would choose that car over an 11/12 GT500, except that it has an MT82 which is even worse then the 6060. If it were an auto, the way the car sits it would only need a good tune and dr's to run 10's. Pulley swap, tune, DR's deep 10's. A 5.0 with a TVS is no joke.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
GT500. Not sure if Roush pulled the block and upgraded rods prior to engine package (unlikely). Rods are known to be the weak link of long term safe power production in the 5.0.

I paid 42000 before tax for my 11 Shelby and couldnt even imagine trying to take a GT and make it into what I have now.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
From a former '11 Roush 5XR owner: Get the GT500
The only reason I didnt lose my ass on that car was due to it being a demo. Sticker was 56k, i bought it for 40k shipped from OKC to NY in the spring of 2011. Sold it for 36k in the summer of 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread