should i be proud????

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
me and some buddies were out in the sticks layin down the law....i raced one of them who has a 95 GT 331 stroked bbk LT's and some other little things.... and straight whored him...but i raced another guy with a bone stock srt4 running only 9psi of boost(should be around 15) and he was like a nat at a bbq..... just hanging at my door. my mods and #'s are in my sig. should i have beat him worse?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
you should eat that SRT 4.... was it from a roll? is he running 15# or just 9#s?

who knows....

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Your #'s look a little low. I have about the same mods. Making 388/488. Other than that. I would be proud of that, for what you have.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Sounds like you SHOULD have walked the SRT4 as well but what seems to be your low tune numbers in your sig state otherwise.

Could be a number of things. HP numbers look too low. Your TQ numbers should be a tad bit higher. I would start looking at other things as well.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
"It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile, Winnings, Winning"

On a serious note your #'s are a little low. Could be that your tuner gave you a safe tune. Or belt slip. Or maybe that srt-4 just pulls hard and was lowballing you when it came down to how much boost he was pushing.

Dusten

Established Member
Wow, they are right about those numbers. I think that SRT-4 was BSing ya, i ran one with a boost controller, and intake, and exhaust and i had the same problem you did, right on my dad door the whole time. And i am stock, although i make similiar power numbers.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Turbo from a roll = death! Were you tuned on a Mustang dyno by chance? If so then don't worry, if not then as stated your #'s are too low for your mods.

HAVOKLIGHTNING

Established Member
If he was at your door, there is no way in the world he was stock. With the numbers (even at a conservative tune) that you put down, it would take an srt4 close to 300whp if not a tad over, to stay with you like that. He was probably on the "stock" turbo but he wasn't bone stock! Good Kill.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Bone stock SRT-4 should be destroyed with your mods, roll or not. I can say this from personal experince. Your numbers are low though, for sure.

CobraRyan

Banned
yea srt-4 sweet spot is 40.....which is the L's WORST spot....i ran an srt-4 with intake, tune, exhaust at 15 pounds...i would take him by about a car out of the hole and he would reel me in and pass at 100...i was in a stock 04 L same exact thing every time....we raced 3 times

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i think you should be proud whenever you beat a turbo car. there is NEVER any telling what they have done to make more boost/power. even if its something small like pulling off a vacuum line to the wastegate maxing out boost, its pretty damn hard to tell.

and its funny that even before you race a turbo car, they are already making up excuses as to why they probably will lose, such as, "Oh gee im only running 9#s of boost"

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
Honestly those cars are no slouch's. I like the idea that they are domestic cars that have turned the import rice world upside down.

j81234

Established Member
Why not you never know what he had done to his car. I doubt he was only running 9#'s. Hell you would have a hard time telling my car is modded. The stage 3 turbo looks stock unless you know what to look for.

DSM Storm

Established Member
I would bother with the power your making but i think your friend with the SRT-4 is trying to make you feel bad. Hes either turning up the boost on you or has something you dont know of. I got walked by a stock SRT-4 in my infiniti i30. With the mods you have, you should have shot em down. If im correct the SRT 4 only makes roughly 230HP. My talon has an electronic AVC-R boost controller. I can go from 14PSI to 32PSI with the touch of a button. I wouldnt feel so bad. Im sure theres more to this story than your aware of.

Storm

Last edited:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
DSM Storm said:
If im correct the SRT 4 only makes roughly 230HP.
Storm
i think you are right... however one of my friends had one, and just a few days after he got it we took it to the dyno and it dynoed with 244WHP...we were definitely surprised...

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
amen to winning is winning haha. this guy just got the car.... he got it wrecked. and i helped him fix it so i know the car is bone stock....i figure since the car runs so strong hes probably got a gauge problem....just not reading right. as for the tune i have... it was on a mustang dyno and its a very conservative tune. the shift points and rpms that the tourque converter locks in at is what we spent the most time on... i have an sct xcal 2... im gonna go back and get me a race tune loaded...just for these kinds of situations. and my tuner also printed out my #'s if i would have used a dynojet... and they were 370rwhp and 490rwtq.... with the same conservative tune.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
however my tuner did mention that i had alot of belt slip.... whats the best way to stop it? and could that be a sign of my blower locking up? because i work at a car dealership and i drive an L everytime i see one at the auction. and mine doesnt "whine" near as loud as any other trucks ive driven.... when i take video u cant even hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread