Should have went to mir too....

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Hey guys,

I ended up going to cecil sat to run with a friend(turbo ka 240) and my dad(running the gn).

Anyway I just installed a 2.76 pulley and bama tune and aux idlers and new plugs already. I already have k&n fipk slp catless x-pipe and catback and a mcleod rxt clutch.
There was a race so I only made two passes.

And I had some old gas in car so I threw a gallon of 103 from buick in cobra had about a 1/4 tank of old 93.

And im on bald 285 kumho spt tires not drag radials by far.

First pass was on bama 92 octane tune with stock belt.
Launched easy
60' 2.019
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

Last time at cecil with same exhaust and intake but stock pulley I went 12.5@115

So I went a tenth faster but slower mph....? Guessing my belt was slipping but was watching boost gauge seemed fine to me and car was running good.

So I switched to a gates fleetrunner belt. The all green one. And loaded 93 tune ran again. And launched harder.
60' 1.877
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

So after pulley and tune I only picked up a little over 1mph in trap speed? Driving car on street it def feels stronger....?
Im kind of disappointed. Figured it would of traped alittle higher than that. I was hoping to go close to 120. I knew my et wasn't going to be great on street tires but the second run I think I pulled a pretty decent 60. You guys have any ideas? Im gonna do a compression test this week or wknd.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread