Should have listened to the rumors about JMS

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I ordered a chip for an '01 on 10/4. I was told that it usually ships in 5 days. Called last Thursday and they said it would ship Monday or Tuesday of this week. I haven't seen the chip and nobody will answer the telephone when I call. I knew I was making a mistake when I ordered the chip because of the large number of people that have had problems with JMS. All I will say is buyer beware and don't put any stock in anything they say.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
They answer the telephone some of the time when you call. I called this past Friday several times and nobody answered. Guess they weren't working that day. I called Monday and the guy I talked to said he didn't know if my chip had been made or shipped. He said if it hadn't shipped already, he would ship it out Tuesday morning NDA and I would have it Wednesday. I couldn't belive how unorganized these people are. Chip didn't show up today so I called their number and a recording came on and said that they had moved to a new location and had a new telephone number. When I called the new number I got a message from the phone company stating the number was unavailable. I called it several times and double checked to make sure I wrote down the correct number. I went to their website to get their email address and it was down. Man I was pissed. Hell, they didn't answer the email I sent them last week. This is the fourth time they've lied to me or did not make good on good intentions. I had to cancel a dyno session last Saturday because I didn't get the chip the third time they said I would get it. I called them this afternoon and the call went through. They said the chip shipped yesterday and I would have it tomorrow. I don't believe anything they say and will never do business with them again. There was an ass hole on BON that took offence to my statements about JMS on their forum. He can't read. I am not impatient. If it's going to take four weeks to get a chip they should tell people that and they should not tell people they are going to ship a certain day unless they are going to do it. If they can't produce enough chips for demand they should do something to correct the problem. Even bad businesses will have some satisfied customers. I have read of several people complaining about JMS. I had two people email me about the problems they had. I guess they were afraid to post and get flamed or threatened.

It's amazing to me that JMS would not try to give a quality service because they have the potential to do a whole lot better but they are blowing it. I'm not saying this to hurt them. I could care less if they have an ounce of don't give a shit if I go elsewhere. I'm sure somone is going to say I'm sure JMS cares if you go somewhere else. I wont do business with them based on my principles. They are not getting any of my money anymore.

They also lie when they say the chip is $300. Total cost before they decided to chip UPS 2nd day was $318. That's one hell of a shipping and handling charge. Freigt on UPS groung for the chip would be about $5. NDA wouldn't even have been $18.

Last edited:

Snake Eyez

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
They also lie when they say the chip is $300. Total cost before they decided to chip UPS 2nd day was $318. That's one hell of a shipping and handling charge. Freigt on UPS groung for the chip would be about $5. NDA wouldn't even have been $18. [/B]

Actually, the chip is $310, and it's $8 for shipping. I ran into the same problems you are having. I ordered my chip in Auust and didn't receive it until the last week of September. Every time I called, they had a different excuse. "Oh, we just got in new software, so we had to wait on that" , I can't tell you how many times I heard the "It'll ship tomorrow" line. Finally got the chip, and it didn't even have install instructions for it, and the paper with the programs was off. It said that it would have a 2K rpm rev limiter, and it didn't. I called them on it and they said,"Oh, you can't set the 2K RPM limiter on the Cobra, it won't work. It should have raised your idle instead." When I finally got the chip installed, it made no difference in the way the car ran, except it made the car more sluggish with the A/C on. I returned my chip to them over 2 weeks ago, and still haven't got the credit back on my credit card yet, and I returned it to them FedEx overnight, so I could track it. I wouldn't do business with them again. Very unprofessional. And to top it all off, I found out that my custom programs were the exact same as somone else who bought a chip from them. The only thing custom about it was my computer's code.

Users who are viewing this thread