shot a plug..need advice

0TriZzlePhatRid

I want to go the timesert route but need some information.

How difficult is it to repair the rear plug on the driver's side? How long does it take?

Is there anyone in FL i can pay to do this??

rramos28

Well if you are in South Florida you can call Mak Performance. I shot a plug last week and they put a timesert in it. IT was the second to last in the driver side though.

DeFiant

Established Member
Mine is at Ford as we speak, I shot #3 on the passenger side. I wish Ford would just do all of them under warranty so I wouldn't have to worry about this! I'm getting a Lock N Stitch, which is the authorized fix. It's a little more expensive, but worth it because I know it will get done right.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
the insert is the best way to go i would think for the money. mine blew out awhile back and never had a problem with it after until i blew a hole in the side

uncooked

Established Member
Depends which one. Usually It blows 1 or more of the threads out of the head. Can damage the coil / screw when it launches up. Some people have even had it launch up and hit the fuel rail :(

Can never check the plugs enough, I try to do so as much as possible.

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
All this talk about shot plugs makes me cringe. Wouldn't it just be cheaper to get a set of aftermarket heads that have 8 threads or the 03 04 heads?

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i rarely ever come in this area, but the title caught my attention...

i have my cobra over at coastal dyno right now to get the exact same thing fixed... sam was able to repair mine at a relatively cheap price and i was just down a couple of days for the repair... give him a call AT 813-849-2423 if your near the tampa area.

Users who are viewing this thread