Shorty's vs. Mid Lengths vs. Long Tubes

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
I saw that there were some comparison's, but I wanna get some opinons on all three. What has been done to your car and what do you think is the best mod for the money. I'm kinda leaning towards mid lengths with an o/r X. What would be the difference in H.P. between mid lengths and long tubes? Also what would be the easiest to work around (mids vs. LT's)? I work on my own car and would like some input from people that do their own work also.

yeayea0

SVTp Observer
Established Member
I personally have BBK LT's and tho i like the power i got from them...they are a BITCH to work on (have to take it off for clutch n tranny work) but from what i've seen on here and around me, Mid's will be your best bet for power/ease afterwards

my .02

coolguy10786

Established Member
Having done mids, and have them currently on my car, i would just go with kooks or hooker long tubes. Still allow you change the clutch without touching anything, and aren't anymore than bassani, except maybe the kooks.

Last edited:

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
I've also got a full Bassani setup and I've been pleased with it. I don't have any numbers, so I can't help you there.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Well for one they are just as expensive as long tubes, the install isn't any easier of course it did it with the kmember in the car, and you get more power from long tubes.

Don't get wrong, i love my mids. Bassani did a kick ass job with them and they are top quality and provide good gains, and great ground clearance. If i had to do it again, i would've just went with hooker or kooks, so i could get the most power out of the headers. I don't know what the overall power difference is betweent the two, but i felt a nice gain after installing them.

Users who are viewing this thread